Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Mascara on light alcantara?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 12:15 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
'05 E320CDI, 1987 300E, Vanagon Syncro, Turbo Arrow III
Mascara on light alcantara?

Hi folks,
I'm sorry to say that my wife has managed to get mascara onto one part of my charcoal interior car that can be visibly stained - the light-colored alcantara sun visor in my CDI. It sounds like it is water-and-post-apocalyptic-nuclear-war-proof mascara, and I'm wondering what the best solvent might be to remove it, if it's at all possible?

Any ideas?
Old 03-16-2006, 07:57 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
Ultra suede :
(Escaine, Alacantra) Should be cleaned by brushing the nap with a soft nylon upholstery brush, remove pilling with a single-sided razor blade and then applying a cleaning solution (Water /Woolite® or Dreft® with a ratio of 5:1 or stronger) on to an applicator pad and apply to one area at a time (do not soak the fabric) Localized stains can be treated with a citrus-based cleaner, ensure surface is dry before use by leaving window cracked/open. For heavy stain removal- 1:1 Folex Instant Carpet Spot Remover / Distilled water- http://www.folexcompany.com/

Identifying characteristics- very soft to the touch will scratch or scuff very easily; water drops will darken the leather but it returns to its original colour after drying.

Maintenance- Use a soft brush lightly to remove dust and raise the fabrics nap, once your seats / steering wheel / interior is clean, you should use a conditioning/protection product (303™ High Tech Fabric Guard, which includes UVR protection)