Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Leather Seats Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 10:13 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz 06' ML350
Smile Leather Seats Issue

Hi guys,
Recently, I got an 06 ML350. It is one helluva a car. The car is in Alabaster white with Macadamia interior. My issue is that i notice that on the driver's seat the left portion (the portion closer to the door) is being tainted with a bluish like color. I speculate that the color of my jeans are wearing of into the seats everytime I get in or out. I was wondering if this was normal, and that would leather cleaner take care of this (also what type of leather cleaner would do the trick?). Thanks in advance.

Pete (is proud to have joined the forums )
Old 04-10-2006, 07:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 VW cc, 2004 ML350
My wife got a new pair of jeans, and we had the same issue. At first she tried to claim it was my black leather jacket doing it, but as it got darker it became obvious it was her jeans. As far as removing it, I just used Meguire's lether wipes. I usually keep them on hand for cleanup especially with the kids! Blue stuff came right off with that for me.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:59 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz 06' ML350
Oh perfect. Im actually fortunate to have some Meguiar's leather wipes on hand. So hopefully that'll work, thanks for the info.

Pete