Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Which one is leather or vinyl?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which one is leather or vinyl?

Hey guys,

I own a 2003 CLK320. I was wondering which parts of my car is leather and which one is vinyl. I know that my seats are leather, and one on the door panel is leather too. But what about the rest, are they leather too or vinyl?
Also, What products do you recommend for cleaning the interior's leather? Is Meguairs leather cleaner good? And what product should I use to clean the rest?

Thanks !
Old 05-30-2006, 10:47 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Originally Posted by vodc4
Hey guys,

I own a 2003 CLK320. I was wondering which parts of my car is leather and which one is vinyl. I know that my seats are leather, and one on the door panel is leather too. But what about the rest, are they leather too or vinyl?
Also, What products do you recommend for cleaning the interior's leather? Is Meguairs leather cleaner good? And what product should I use to clean the rest?

Thanks !
Unless you got the leather upgrade, the only part of the interior that is leather is the center part of the seat (the perforated part). The door panels, seat backs, bolsters, etc. are all man made.

If you got the "full leather" upgrade, then these parts are leather (although I think the seat backs are still man made?).

It's a matter of opinion on which is better, but the man made stuff wears better than leather.

As for cleaning, I have been using the Zaino products lately, and find them to do an amazing job.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2001 E320 RWD - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 100,000+
Lightbulb Meguiars and leather

Originally Posted by vodc4
Also, What products do you recommend for cleaning the interior's leather? Is Meguairs leather cleaner good?
I don't think there is anything wrong with ANY of the Meguairs products. I happen to be a big fan of theirs.

As to cleaning/conditioning the leather, see the posty (Detailing forum) on the Leatherique products. I am planning to try those soon myself - they sound very good, and there are literally tons of instructions on how/when/why to use them (including some comments from the guy who owns Leatherique).