Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Cleaning a leather chamois

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2001 E320 RWD - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 100,000+
Question Cleaning a leather chamois

Hello friends,

I guess I was being careless and dried my car with a natural chamois without thoroughly washing it. There are some dark spots on it now, and I have no idea what they are.

I did not get anywhere near the wheels with it, so whatever it is probably came off the lower body (makes me think it is oil, tar, or grease.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks,

M
Old 06-16-2006, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2001 E320 RWD - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 100,000+
Exclamation Pics of SLR with a nude woman inside

Originally Posted by Musikmann
Hello friends,I guess I was being careless and dried my car with a natural chamois without thoroughly washing it. There are some dark spots on it now, and I have no idea what they are.I did not get anywhere near the wheels with it, so whatever it is probably came off the lower body (makes me think it is oil, tar, or grease.Does anyone have a suggestion?Thanks,M
I just thought this might get someone's attention if I changed the subject line.

A guy told me that all I need to do is to place my chamois in the washing machine. Since I don't know WHAT is on my expensive chamois, maybe it has everyone as baffled as I am.

I know enough about chemistry to know that every solute has an appropriate solvent. All I now want to know is how to remove some spots of unknown origin from my $$$ drying cloth.

Thanks in advance,

M