Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Vacumm Extractor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vacumm Extractor

Im looking to buy a extractor for personal use. Anyone know of a good brand , for around 500.00 and where i can get it from , Thanks in advance.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Originally Posted by 2quik
Im looking to buy a extractor for personal use. Anyone know of a good brand , for around 500.00 and where i can get it from , Thanks in advance.
Ok, I'll bite: What do you mean by a "Vacumm Extractor"??

I have a Hoover steam cleaner/extractor that has a hand attachment that's pretty good at cleaning the carpets. Cost a lot less than $500. Are you looking for a professional steam cleaner??

Or maybe you're talking about an oil extractor?? If so, there have been many threads on this subject in some of the other forums).
Old 07-10-2006, 11:12 PM

sorry for not clarifying in my post. Yes im looking for a good steam cleaner/extractor. Something that heats the water up and cleans very well. Thanks
Old 07-11-2006, 12:34 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
sorry for not clarifying in my post. Yes im looking for a good steam cleaner/extractor. Something that heats the water up and cleans very well. Thanks
No problem.

If you're just looking for something to use on your own personal car, I think any good quality carpet cleaner with a hand held attachment should work. I wouldn't worry about heating the water as you can always just fill it with hot water & cleaning solution. We have a Hoover cleaner (probably paid around $200 about 6 years ago) and it does a great job. I've yet to have a stain that I haven't been able to remove. I clean my carpets about twice each year.

If you're looking for a machine to use commercially, well that would be different.

Maybe someone else will pop in with a suggestion.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:24 AM

Im looking for something to clean my personal car with. As i have stubborn gum stains. And need a steam cleaner.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:51 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Im looking for something to clean my personal car with. As i have stubborn gum stains. And need a steam cleaner.
You can use ice to freeze the gum, and then just scrape it away. Works better than steam, and it's cheaper!