Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Zaino Z-PC Fusion VS. Manzerna Polish

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C 230K Coupé
Zaino Z-PC Fusion VS. Manzerna Polish

I finally got my PC7424 Orbital buffer a few weeks ago and can't wait to use it. I will be using it on a 2001 BMW 325i in Alpine White. Hopefully I'll still see a great result even though white hides swirl marks n scratches very well.
I've been debating about which type of polish I should use. I've read that the Manzerna polishes are great for beginners and yield great results. But I plan to use Zaino as my sealent and they recently came out with Z-PC Fusion which is an actual polish which can be used with an orbital buffer. I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with this product. My guess would be that Z-PC would be ideal if I plan to seal with Zaino because all Zaino products complement each other. I'm also not too excited about first using Manzerna Intensive polish, then final, then z5, z2, and z6.... that's just a hell of a lot of work. Please shed some advice on this matter guys, I plan on doing this in the upcoming weeks. Thanks
Old 07-23-2006, 09:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2001 E320 RWD - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 100,000+
Lightbulb Menzerna vs. Zaino

I can't be of much help here, but in my opinion, I would use the same manufacturer's products from start to finish. It sounds like you are leaning in that direction anyway.

I bought the Menzerna "Foam Pad Kit for German Automobles" which comes with a couple of polish/wax products, and I have a PC buffer, but have not done this job yet. My PC is not orbital, but a dual action.

Also, there is a Menzerna lineup that was especially developed for the new PPG CeramiClear paint that MB is using on the newest autos.

Good luck,
M

Last edited by Musikmann; 07-23-2006 at 09:54 AM. Reason: adding to message
Old 07-23-2006, 01:41 PM

C 230K Coupé
My PC is not orbital, but a dual action.
Oops, I believe mine is a dual action too, mistake on my part.
Can any other members chime in on this issue? I'm expecting to begin the project pretty soon but I need to decide on which product to use.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
makes your daughter horny
I dont have any expierience with the Menzerna line of polishes; thus far I have stuck with 3M, Meguiars Pro, and Zaino products.

I love using the Z-PC polish because it saves the extra step of washing the vehicle and it seems it has some filling properties as well which convieniently become sealed under the subsequest layers of Z2/Z5. However, Z-PC is a very mild abrasive and I was not able to remove swirls or scratches with it very well on my black car. If your car has severe paint damage I would not recommend Z-PC it is not abrasive enough.

Your car is white and thus I'm guessing has little noticable paint damage; in this case I would recommend using Z-PC.

A little note when using Z-PC: it doesnt take the place of Z1 so you still must use ZFX when you apply your Z5/Z2 (or apply Z1 first..).
Old 07-23-2006, 11:54 PM

C 230K Coupé
Wow thanks for the great reply, you've definitelly convinced me on the Zaino Z-PC. The car doesn't have anything really noticeable mainly because it's white and has been kept off really well.
What did you mean by saving the extra step of washing the vehicle? I'm planning on doing a dawn wash, claying, wash again, and then the whole Zaino z-5, z-2, z-6.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
makes your daughter horny
Originally Posted by r3v1ls
Wow thanks for the great reply, you've definitelly convinced me on the Zaino Z-PC. The car doesn't have anything really noticeable mainly because it's white and has been kept off really well.
What did you mean by saving the extra step of washing the vehicle? I'm planning on doing a dawn wash, claying, wash again, and then the whole Zaino z-5, z-2, z-6.
Z-PC is specially formulated so you can apply the Zaino sealants right on top of the polish - you don't have to wash off the polish residue with dawn.

Example:

...if you used Menzerna: dawn wash, clay, dawn wash, Menzerna polish, dawn wash, Z-1 + Z-5 OR Z-5 + ZFX

...if you used Z-PC: dawn wash, clay, dawn wash, Z-PC polish, Z-1 + Z-5 OR Z-5 + ZFX

I'm pretty sure your supposed to do a spritz of Z-6 inbetween each coat of Z-2 or Z-5. At least I always do
Old 07-24-2006, 12:17 AM

C 230K Coupé
I'm pretty sure your supposed to do a spritz of Z-6 inbetween each coat of Z-2 or Z-5. At least I always do
Yes of course, I consider that as a given for all Zaino users .