Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

interior carpet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 06:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
interior carpet

Whats a good product to use to clean stained floors in my E55. And stained i mean from wifes, lipstick to kids icecream. I need something i can run out and buy since i have time today to do this project. Thanks in advance
Old 10-16-2006, 04:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
lI’m repeatedly asked which product is the best interior cleaner. There is no one-product answer, as the so-called all purpose cleaners (APC) do not remove every stain, different stains require different solvents to remove them.

Between these four cleaners you should be able to remove 99% of stains occurring in a vehicle and around the home –
a) 303™ Rug / Upholstery Cleaner & Spot Remover
b) P21S Total Auto Wash
c) Woolite® Heavy Traffic Carpet Foam
d) Hoover Deep Cleansing Carpet/Upholstery Detergent

Classifying stains:
a) Organic stains- these include proteins and fats, body oils, mould yeast, bacteria, bugs and carbohydrates. Most of the stains found in the vehicle interior are of an organic nature and require an alkaline type cleaner. Some organic stains (i.e. blood, vomit, urine) should be removed with an enzyme type cleaner and a disinfectant applied to the area
b) Non-Organic stains- mostly found on the exterior of the vehicle, hard water scale (calcium) lime deposits, Road tar, grease and oil film, and require an acidic type cleaner.
c) Petroleum soils - substances that do not contain water, nor are they miscible, these soil types include, motor oils, and grease and road tar, and require a solvent type cleaner.

Stain Types-
1. Water Soluble Stains- These stains can be dissolved in cool water or loosened with water based cleaner, coffee; soft drinks, cocoa and chocolate are good examples.
2. Oil Soluble stains- These are stains that are comprised of oily or greasy substances, which include cooking, oil from fried foods and suntan oil.
3. Combination Stains- These stains contain both water based and oil-soluble properties. Cleaning these stains require treatment with a petroleum solvent followed by water based cleaning solution.
4. Unidentifiable Stains- Sometimes stains cannot be identified. Treat these stains like a combination stain. Clean with a petroleum solvent followed by water based cleaner.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55
i have had great luck using 'tuff stuff' from pep boys. I get the aerosol in the can, spray it on, massage it in, then get a clean towel and rub it out to dry the fabric. you will be amazed at how much dirt comes out...
Old 10-19-2006, 11:32 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I really like the 303 Cleaner and Spot Remover. It does a great job of seperating the contaminates from the fabric and lifting them to the surface. The best part is that this product works great on other parts of the car too like the dashboard, doors, console and any other areas that are rubber, vinyl, plastic or fabric. Good luck and let us know if you need any other information.

Greg @ Detailed Image