Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Brush for cleaning wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 175 Likes on 145 Posts
me: 2015 SL400 & 2015 ML400; wife: 2022 GLC Coupe kid: 2017 GLC SUV
Brush for cleaning wheels

I went to Home Depot to see if I could find a brush for cleaning my wheels (choosing HD was probably my first mistake). I wanted something like they use at a car wash: long handle, no bending over. I was shown a kit of brushes and handle by Simply Clean that was on sale, so I took it. Natuarally it includes a brush that it says is for washing the car (in addition to the one for wheels) but I'm afraid to even try that. The pole/handle attachment has a female fitting at one end that will accept a garden hose, and the smaller male fitting at the other end goes into the various brushes/attachments---except for the wheel brush. It is designed to connect directly to the garden hose, and has a little on/off switch for the water flow. Thus, a lot of bending down. The thing is, it's a great wheel brush, but I'd happily forego the hose attach-ability for a little pole-attach-ability. Anyone out there using a wheel brush on a pole?
Old 11-11-2006, 07:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
Boar’s Hair Brush & Flow through Handle:
A boar’s hair brush with the benefit of non-surface marring and a constant stream of water flowing through it,
First pass-after connecting the on / off valve on the 40-inch handle to a water hose, gently pass the brush over the paint surface to rinse the vehicle. Turn off the water at the on/off valve and dip the boar’s hair brush into the bucket of car wash concentrate, lightly agitate and then rinse off the soap residue. This tool is a great help with larger vehicles (SUV, Hummer, Motor Homes, etc) the brush measures 10-inches long by 21/2-inches wide; the on/off valve fits a STD garden hose fitting. (Groits Carage - http://www.griotsgarage.com/index.jsp

------------------------------------
Knowledge; [ability to correctly diagnosis problems] [then utilizing appropriate methodologies and products]