Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Interior Protectant?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 08:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
makes your daughter horny
Interior Protectant?

What kind of protectant can I use on the interior (vinyl/leather/plastic) of my E class. I'm looking for a matte finish with very little gloss.

I have used Aerospace 303 protectant before and enjoy the look it gives the interior (even less gloss would be better) however it leaves the car smelling kinda funky.

TIA,

W Cole
Old 12-17-2006, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2001 E320 RWD - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 100,000+
Lightbulb Vinyl/leather/plastic maintenance

Originally Posted by W Cole
What kind of protectant can I use on the interior (vinyl/leather/plastic) of my E class. I'm looking for a matte finish with very little gloss.

I have used Aerospace 303 protectant before and enjoy the look it gives the interior (even less gloss would be better) however it leaves the car smelling kinda funky.

TIA,

W Cole
First of all, I would not group your vinyl/leather/plastic products together. To my way of thinking, vinyl/plastic are essentially the same thing, so the same product(s) would be good for both of them. I have seen a lot of good reviews about Aerospace 303. I have their little $5 sample pack, but have not tried them yet. I'd look at what Meguiar's has to offer if you don't like Aerospace.

As to your leather parts, please try the Leatherique system of Rejuvinator Oil followed by Prestine Clean. George Pavlisko (president) is a frequent contributor here, and offers a discount to MBWorld members. Not to mention that he is very knowlegeable about the proper care, and restoration, of leather.

Last edited by Musikmann; 12-17-2006 at 08:51 PM. Reason: adding to message
Old 12-17-2006, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500
A good product from a company up the road from you (you probably have a distributor in your town) is Adam's Polishes VRT. It is water based, can vary anywhere from matte to medium gloss, and has SPF 65 in it. It also has a more "lotion" like consistancy, which makes application very easy. www.adamspolishes.com

Another product, that too is water-based, is Poorboy's Natural look. It is liquid in form, and unless buffed a bit more, will be shinier than VRT.

Both are great products that I use in my own garage.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500/W220/2000
303 is all I can say! It is the greatest!!!

http://www.303products.com/
Old 12-19-2006, 12:50 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think the 303 Protectant is a great product overall but I can understand the need for a matte finish. The 303 Protectant stretches much further than many users realize though. I will often spray it 2 - 3 times on a microfiber towel and I can basically wipe down the entire dashboard, doors, console and more. I think this leaves a nice matte finish. I have gone a little heavy with it before and gotten a little more shine then I wanted. If you haven't tried using a lot less it might help.

As for other products you can try Natural Look from Poorboy's World. This is a great interior dressing that smells great, with a nice fresh scent. It probably leaves slightly more shine then the 303 but again if you apply it very lightly it looks great IMO.

Greg @ Detailed Image