Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

just 2 easy questions help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cclass05
Talking just 2 easy questions help

ok I want to get the Meguiar's NXT Generation Vinyl/Rubber Protectant and put it on the dashboard and on the back seats and every where. Just wanted to see if u guys think i should do this.

and one more quiestion its about the Meguiar's NXT Generation wax thing after a wax it how long do i wait to wax it again?? do i wax the car once a month or once in 3 months??? Thx
Old 12-27-2006, 02:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Flint Grey E55
Yeah it's a reliable product. But for leather i'd go to autopia carcare and buy Sonus Leather treatment. And for the wax, i just apply it to the whole car almost every 3 months. depending on the paint condition, if it's not as shiny as i want it then i apply more and more otherwise i just leave it. hope that helps. don't know if you know this already, but let your wax cure in your paint until you can't make a streak mark with your finger. once it's dried and you can't make a mark with your finger start buffing it out.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:35 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can use the vinyl/rubber product on the dash board, console area. If your seats are leather or leatherette I would use a leather cleaner and conditioner on them (I prefer Leatherique's).

For Megs NXT Wax I've heard that it typically lasts about 1 - 3 months depending on conditions. I would reapply it when rain/snow doesn't form tiny beads any more or after 3 months.

Greg @ Detailed Image