Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Good Detailing Shops in SF Bay Area?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Detailing Shops in SF Bay Area?

My black coupe had severe swirls all over the body...i mean really severe...I've never had this kind of swirls of before...it was all over the body and very obvious under dim light. Can this kind of swirls still be removed? I think the shipping company I used made the swirls by washing the car with brush or sth.

Anyone can reccommend good detailing shops around SF Bay area (preferrably south bay area) with approx. cost. Anyone has any experience with Foothill Auto Service Detail?
Old 02-02-2007, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GTS
I was about to go in for a detail about couple months ago (I live in San Francisco city) and I searched around for a good detail place...but I decided that the only way my car can look the way I want it to is if I do it myself (not willing to pay 300-400 bucks out my pocket for a doubtful idea)...but if you really want to go for a detial place...try The Detail Factory... www.thedetailfactory.com ... I have heard SOME good things about them...if you Google Search the right words...Google will list out a website containing ratings for some of the Detail Shops in any area (e.g. Bay Area). But if you really want to get the job done right...just do some reading (this forum has all the instructions/knowledge explained you need), products (DetailedImage has some really high-quality products that probably matches, or even is better, than the produts used in these detail shops), and people on the Detailing&Automotive Care thread are very knowledgeable...pretty much...people here can guide you through the whole process from buying the best bang-for-buck products to detailed how-to's.

P.S.
I never really heard of Foothill...and The Detail Factory starts their packages around $300 for a good claying, buffing, etc...not sure if they will guarantee you most of those swirls will even come out.