Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Shampooing Carpet Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 04:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1987 E300 TD
Shampooing Carpet Kit

Any suggestions on special shampoo's I should use for my carpet in my Mercedes? Possibly a mini steam cleaner? I'm looking for something strong because my younger brother stepped in the car with grease on his shoes!
Old 03-11-2007, 01:35 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A carpet extractor usually works best but if you don't have one or access to one here is what I would do. I would get the 303 Fabric Cleaner or 303 Cleaner and Spot Remover. The 303 Fabric Cleaner is concentrated and can be diluted up to a 10:1 ratio so it’s a great value. You may want to use it full strength on the grease stains. The 303 Cleaner and Spot Remover is a pre-diluted version of the same great cleaning solution. With either product you can clean your vinyl, plastic, rubber and fabric surfaces. It safely separates and lifts the contaminates and makes cleaning very easy. First do a quick vacuum of the carpets and then spray the carpets with the cleaning solution. Take a clean brush and dip it in water and brush the area in multiple directions. This should help get rid of the grease no problem. This takes a little bit of time and patience but should work great. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 03-11-2007, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1987 E300 TD
They thanks for the help, I'm going to go do that right now....and post pics after!
Old 03-11-2007, 03:13 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Excellent! I'd pre-spray the affected are with the 303 Cleaner and wait 1 - 2 minutes, spray them again lightly and then agitate the stain with a damp brush. Like when showering the water helps the cleaning solution work into the fabric and bring the contaminates to the surface. This may require a few passes so take your time and try to be patient. If there are any chunks of grease, I'd remove them with a cloth before starting. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Greg @ Detailed Image