Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Car got washed today, windows look really bad

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 12:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Car got washed today, windows look really bad

So the weather has finally been nice so I decided to wash the car. It looks great except for the windows. We have extremely hard water here and it seems that no matter what I do I can never get the windows to come out without water marks. I was using Meguiars NXT Glass cleaner but that was leaving streaks on the interior class. Now I am using Stoner's invisible glass. However the streaks in the pictures are water marks and not related to the glass cleaner. The only way I could get any of them off was with my finger nail.

I have been reading a lot of the forum and everyone has a lot to say about windows. RainX, Zaino, clean with newspaper, clay the glass, etc etc. I am going to try claying the glass tomorrow, but does anyone have any ideas on how to remove these safely and easily?

The first picture makes them look extra bad because of the flash.

Old 04-20-2007, 01:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1987 E300 TD
This is interesting, I'm having the same problem on my hood! I'll take pictures tomorrow as well, I looked at my car and noticed HUGE water spots. Then I cleaned my car with M's NXT Car Wash like I always do, and the spots were still there after scrubbing it with a microfiber sponge....
Old 04-20-2007, 02:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by lxl_josh_lxl
This is interesting, I'm having the same problem on my hood! I'll take pictures tomorrow as well, I looked at my car and noticed HUGE water spots. Then I cleaned my car with M's NXT Car Wash like I always do, and the spots were still there after scrubbing it with a microfiber sponge....
Yeah I'm sure they are all over my paint too, but fortunately the Pewter paint hides all of this! You can't get away with hiding anything on black though
Old 04-20-2007, 04:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1987 E300 TD
Yeah, I was sleeping in a hotel heading up to my grandmothers ranch when the fog and a thunder storm rolled in....I was astonished how it left hard water spots on my hood only! But yeah, hopefully we can get both of our problems settled soon....because I'm afraid these marks will never go away! lol
Old 04-20-2007, 10:20 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen water leave windows that bad before. I think clay bar will help but you probably still need something a little stronger. I think the Glass Science Glass Scrub would remove all of that no problem. This deep cleaning glass formula is designed to remove mineral deposits, acid rain, lime scale, brake dust and other contaminates that get trapped in the micro-pores of the glass. It's a very quick and easy product to use that I apply each time I wash my vehicle. Then I seal the glass with the Glass Science Rain Clear Gel. It makes driving in any condition very easy again. The Glass Science Rain Clear kit that has both these products for $5.99. This is a great combination that should fix your current problem and prevent future damage.

Greg @ Detailed Image