Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

this may be obvious...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2001, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLB 250 4matic
this may be obvious...

but i don't think washing your car when its below freezing is a good idea. although i was using warm water, it was freezing on the car and the driveway was freezing too. made it a bit slippery...
Old 01-14-2002, 01:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hahahahahaha...move to a warmer location, so your benz can shine all year round.
Old 01-16-2002, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1987 190E 2.3-16V
ok my advice is this, during the winter there is always a mild day above freezing hopfully around 40 degrees. Have 2 buckets of hot water and soap to start off with one for the rims and underbody and one for the body. Wash the whole car in one shot makign sure you get a lot of suds. The big trick is drying off the car before it really freezing. Now refill the two buckets of soap and water with just hot hot water and a splash of vinegar. The vinegar helps lift dirt and sheet off suds and keep a large sponge in that bucket and rinse off the suds and dirt and then wipe down with a chamios but make sure to keep dipping the chamios in the hot buckte of water and vinegar. try this on a 40 degree day if you get that weather. Good luck.