Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Best Wax for White Car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E350 Sport Alabaster White P1 Package
Best Wax for White Car

Hi,

I'd like to know what is the best wax for a white car. I have a 5 month old E350. I hear that Souveran Paste Wax is good but that it really makes darker colored and red cars standout. Anything similiar for white? I would like the best.

Thanks.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
Light coloured paint:
Lighter colour paints (i.e. Silver, White, etc (the exception is speed yellow) will never obtain jetting (the so called ‘wet-look’) of black or dark colours as they do not exhibit visible depth, light colours tends to refract light instead of reflecting it. You can obtain a good gloss provided the paint is good quality and if it’s prepared and detailed correctly;

The final result can only be as good as the surface it’s applied to. It really is all dependants upon; 85% preparation, 5% product, 7% application method and the balance is in the ‘guy’ of the beholder. (A detailer’s skill level is also extremely important)

Surface preparation – for optimal results the surface of a light coloured paint to show gloss is very much dependant upon good / excellent paint condition, adequately prepped to remove contaminants and minor imperfections. Washed, cleaned, polished and a polymer sealant or a Carnauba wax added

Products- (Zaino, Klasse AIO and SG, Jeffswerkstatt - Acrylic Jett) these sealants will provide a flat silvery-white shine, but without ‘depth’. By adding Zaino Clear Seal (Z-CS) or a Carnauba wax as an LSP (Pinnacle Souverän Paste Carnauba or Autoglym Super Resin Polish) the oils that are formulated in the Carnauba waxes provide a reflective gloss, its inherent egg-crate shape once dried is what causes jetting (a ‘wetting’ of the surface)

Detailer’s clay (Sonus SFX Ultra-Fine Detailing Clay Bar) and / or Paint cleaner (Zaino PC or Klasse AIO) should be a regular part of the preparation process.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:21 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As mentioned above the prep work will really help the end result as much if not more than the wax or sealant you use. I highly recommend using a clay bar and/or polish before protecting your paint for the maximum shine. Let me know if you'd like more information about these steps or product recommendations.

As for best wax on white I'd have to say the P21S Carnauba Wax looks great. I use the Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax on darker colors and the P21S on lighter colors. It adds a nice gloss that really catches the eye. The shine won't rival that of black paint but it certainly looks great when you're done! It comes with an applicator pad and it's very easy to apply and remove. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 05-28-2007, 09:12 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
Originally Posted by TOGWT
Light coloured paint:
Lighter colour paints (i.e. Silver, White, etc (the exception is speed yellow) will never obtain jetting (the so called ‘wet-look’) of black or dark colours as they do not exhibit visible depth, light colours tends to refract light instead of reflecting it. You can obtain a good gloss provided the paint is good quality and if it’s prepared and detailed correctly;

The final result can only be as good as the surface it’s applied to. It really is all dependants upon; 85% preparation, 5% product, 7% application method and the balance is in the ‘guy’ of the beholder. (A detailer’s skill level is also extremely important)

Surface preparation – for optimal results the surface of a light coloured paint to show gloss is very much dependant upon good / excellent paint condition, adequately prepped to remove contaminants and minor imperfections. Washed, cleaned, polished and a polymer sealant or a Carnauba wax added

Products- (Zaino, Klasse AIO and SG, Jeffswerkstatt - Acrylic Jett) these sealants will provide a flat silvery-white shine, but without ‘depth’. By adding Zaino Clear Seal (Z-CS) or a Carnauba wax as an LSP (Pinnacle Souverän Paste Carnauba or Autoglym Super Resin Polish) the oils that are formulated in the Carnauba waxes provide a reflective gloss, its inherent egg-crate shape once dried is what causes jetting (a ‘wetting’ of the surface)

Detailer’s clay (Sonus SFX Ultra-Fine Detailing Clay Bar) and / or Paint cleaner (Zaino PC or Klasse AIO) should be a regular part of the preparation process.
CORRECTION-
Light coloured paint:
Silver, White, etc (the exception is Speed Yellow) will never obtain the so called ‘wet-look’ of black or dark colours. A light colour tends to directly reflect light without absorbing any of the colour spectrums and therefore they do not exhibit ‘depth’ resulting in a bright flat shine. You can obtain a good gloss provided the paint is good quality and if it’s detailed correctly (washed, cleaned (detailers clay) polished and a polymer sealant and / or a Carnauba wax applied. Zaino Klasse SG and Jeffswerkstatt - Acrylic Jett a pure acrylic based sealant will provide a flat silvery-white reflection, good reflective properties but without ‘depth’.