Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

“Simply Z Best Car Wax”...any comments?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E320
“Simply Z Best Car Wax”...any comments?

Was at the SD Fair over the weekend and saw this booth selling “Simply Z Best Car Wax”. Looks like good stuff and really easy on/off application. The black hood they had looked like a mirror...silky smooth!!! Wondering if anyone has used this wax before?

http://www.z-bestcarwax.com/
Old 06-19-2007, 04:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55
I actually bought some a long time ago at the SD Fair, and it works pretty well. I had an old truck at the time that was a dull red, and after using it, it came out pretty bright and shiny. I usually use it to polish metal and other surfaces Im not too concerned with.

But on the other hand, I stick with meguiars for my paint. Id rather not take the chance of screwing something up.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:47 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
Best wax or Sealant:
Is there a best? In my opinion- No!

While its true many of the chemicals used in the formulation of car care products are the same (or at least very similar) Having used a variety of different products I can tell one from another and field testing shows that not all have the durability either, some simply out perform others in many categories and react differently when applied to different paint types, colours, or varied paint surface conditions.
Ultimately the best wax or sealant will prove to be the one that best meets its user's objectives. If a product is not working for you experiment until you find one that’s suitable for your needs.

There is no one product that can produce all of the properties for an optically perfect shine, however; for high surface gloss and surface reflectance-a polymer sealant, which also provides durability. Detailing enthusiasts consider shine as only one attribute of a protective wax or sealant. They are equally concerned with; ease of application, resistance to abrasion, atmospheric contamination and weathering.

a) For depth of shine and a ‘wet-look’ - Carnauba wax (also provides a sacrificial and easily renewable barrier against airborne contaminants.
b) For an optically perfect shine, clarity, long term durability and protection apply a polymer sealant (Zaino Z2PRO™ + ZFX™ Flash Cure Accelerator Additive) to a carefully prepared level, clean paint surface and add a Carnauba wax or Zaino Z-8™ Grand Finale Spray Seal as a (LSP) last step product.
c) The aesthetics of a vehicle appearance is very subjective to say the least, the only best wax or sealant that really matters is what looks 'best' to you.
d) The final result can only be as good as the surface it’s applied to. It really is all dependants upon; 85% preparation, 5% product, 7% application method and the balance is in the ‘guy’ of the beholder. (A detailer’s skill level is also extremely important)