Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Lusso Oro Wax

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2002, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Lusso Oro Wax

Anybody heard about Lusso Oro Wax? The owner of the detailing shop that I go to recommended this wax. He says it's very similar to Zymol but with better durability....

I usually take my car to a detail shop for washing and waxing. So how often do you recommend I should wash and wax?? Now I usually wash every 10 days and wax every month. (I've only had the car for 2 months.)

How do you apply second coat? I don't think the detailing shop applies more than one coat and I'd like to do 2nd or even 3rd coat of wax myself. After waxing is done at the shop, can I just drive back home and put 2nd and 3rd coat like I would to put 1st coat? Does the wax has to be the same as the one used at the shop??
Old 10-14-2002, 09:39 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 SL500
you dont happen to live by fort lee do you?
Old 10-14-2002, 09:40 PM

I do!!
Old 10-14-2002, 09:43 PM

I go to the one on Lemoine Ave (by Exxon station) and I hear they are the best. But then there are not really any other detail shops to compare to. You are also from Bergen County? Well nice to meet you like this.
Old 10-15-2002, 10:13 AM
Almost a Member!

2003 SL500
hey, Englewood Cliffs here.
Yeah I visited that place before, I was looking for some wax. He recommened the same stuff, but in the end I went with Meguiars Hi-tech carnuba wax. If I remember right, a little bottle of lusso was pretty expensive. I was satisfied with the shine that my wax gave me. I'll prolly try to pick up some zaino and try that. I'm too lazy to wash my Truck so I will prolly let them wash the escalade, otherwise I do my cars by hand.

Take a look arund Rt. 46, there are some nice car shops there, you might be able to pick up some products. I know Action Tire sells Lusso too. I'd ask to see a car with lusso wax already on it, see how the shine compares.

Take care,
phil

Btw - 2003 Sl 500 silve/black, 1998 Sl500 Red/tan, 2000 S500 Black Black. what about you?
Old 10-15-2002, 10:45 AM

The shine on Lusso Oro looks good to me (assuming Lusso Oro is the wax they use at the shop) but I could never keep my car clean...

03' CLK500 Black Opal/Ash 01' S500 Black/Ash 03' X5 3.0i Steel Gray/Gray for me but CLK is the only car that I can say mine... others shared by family...

Can anyone answer my questions above??