Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Cloth seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 12:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a w203 cÖuper
Cloth seats

any tips on cleaning my cloth coupe seats ..they're black and i don't want them looking faded or dusty

***i sprayed this armor all today for upholstery but it made my car stink!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 09:20 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I typically give fabric seats a quick vacuum first to remove loose and heavy contaminates, especially in crevices. I mist a good fabric cleaner like the 303 Cleaner and Spot Remover on your seats. This powerful fabric cleaner helps safely release dirt, oils, grease, stains, etc. I take a bristle brush and brush the seats from top down working in the cleaner. I find a brush to be significantly more effective than just vacuuming. The brush helps lift contaminates trapped in the fabrics pile and work them down the seat and on to the floor. I then re-vacuum the seats picking up loosened contaminates and then start vacuuming the carpets/mats. This is one of the first things I do when doing an interior detail because it stirs dust in to the air. After I have cleaned the seats I like to protect them from fading with the 303 Fabric Guard. Lightly mist the Fabric Guard on to your fabric seats, carpets, mats, etc for long lasting protection. Your fabrics will have a coating of protection that helps repel moisture, grease, oils, etc. so your fabrics look better, for longer.

If you have any questions about these products or any part of the process, please let me know.

Greg @ Detailed Image