Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.
View Poll Results: I use this...
Spray
44.44%
Gel
33.33%
Soap and water only
11.11%
I don't care that my tires are brown
11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

REVIEW: Armor All Extreme Tire Shine Gel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2007 | 04:34 PM
Banned

'05 c230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
REVIEW: Armor All Extreme Tire Shine Gel

I was looking for the Meguiar's one but no store near me carries it and I didnt' feel like spending $13 having it shipped over. Hopped over to Kragen's and purchased Armor All's newest (as of this review) gel product. $6.99 + tax.

APPEARANCE:
- It doesn't have as much of a wet look as the sprays that I've used in the past.
- The blackness of my tires may be a bit bias b/c i just had new tires installed last week.
- I'll post pics soon (please remind me).

ENDURANCE:
- I just put it on last night so I have no idea how long it lasts. I'll update later, or someone PM me in a couple weeks to remind me. It claims to last weeks rather than days.

PRICE:
- Comes with an applicator which normally would cost $2 extra. Price for this product is good. There's quite a bit of gel in there!

APPLICATION:
- Gel is applied into a groove on the applicator. Takes about 2 groove-fills to finish one tire.
- Less messy than the spray I think. I always get spray onto my fingers and rims no matter how hard I try not to.
- Dry black. It's not liquidy and goopy like the spray on kinds that seem to get all over my pants.

WARNING:- As with all tire gloss/shine/gel/spray, don't use it on the tread. It looks great on the tread, but it can mess up your traction and can get your garage or garageway slippery.
Old 10-28-2007 | 01:51 PM
Banned

My dad's car came back from Big O Tires and the tires looked great!!!...much better than any product I've used myself. I gave them a ring to find out what they use and they told me it's called...

P&S Multi-Dressing

It's not available at their website, so I will be calling in shorty to order a bottle or two. Good luck with your tire shine.
Old 10-28-2007 | 06:33 PM
Almost a Member!

c220
nice review...
Old 10-29-2007 | 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 AMG C63 S
Originally Posted by zoomie
I was looking for the Meguiar's one but no store near me carries it and I didnt' feel like spending $13 having it shipped over. Hopped over to Kragen's and purchased Armor All's newest (as of this review) gel product. $6.99 + tax.

APPEARANCE:
- It doesn't have as much of a wet look as the sprays that I've used in the past.
- The blackness of my tires may be a bit bias b/c i just had new tires installed last week.
- I'll post pics soon (please remind me).

ENDURANCE:
- I just put it on last night so I have no idea how long it lasts. I'll update later, or someone PM me in a couple weeks to remind me. It claims to last weeks rather than days.

PRICE:
- Comes with an applicator which normally would cost $2 extra. Price for this product is good. There's quite a bit of gel in there!

APPLICATION:
- Gel is applied into a groove on the applicator. Takes about 2 groove-fills to finish one tire.
- Less messy than the spray I think. I always get spray onto my fingers and rims no matter how hard I try not to.
- Dry black. It's not liquidy and goopy like the spray on kinds that seem to get all over my pants.

WARNING:- As with all tire gloss/shine/gel/spray, don't use it on the tread. It looks great on the tread, but it can mess up your traction and can get your garage or garageway slippery.
Great info thanks.
Old 10-29-2007 | 11:25 PM
Banned

Thanks for acknowleding my effort. Much appreciated. The stuff actually takes about 3 coats for it to work well...the Armor all stuff. I'm gunna order the P&S product after I run out of this stuff.
Old 11-15-2007 | 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
might give this stuff a try when i'm done with the spray