Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Wax & Stuff

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-06-2002, 11:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2002 CLK 430 Coupe
Wax & Stuff

From what I have gathered here, most of you use Zaino, Klasse or Meguiars. For years I have been using a product called Malms Carnauba Wax and will continue to do so. It goes on easy, spreads fine so it goes a long way, and comes off easy. It contains no fillers therefor will not leave dust when taking it off. It is only available mailorder - go to their web site www.malms.com to explore about it. BTW, I used to maintain a 100 point show car and am very picky about what I put on my vehicles.
Another product that I use on the finish of my daily driver which also goes on/comes off easy and lasts a long time in the harsh NE winters is Best Of Show Carnauba from Griot's Garage. Again, mail order only unless you live near Tacoma, WA. www.griotsgarage.com
Try these two waxes, you might find them to your liking.

I have also found that two other products by Griot's work very well. Their window cleaner is absolutely streak free and is the best I have ever used. Also their upholstery cleaner is beyond reproach. It is for cloth surfaces (not much on a MB, except for carpet and headliner), is a clear liquid and has no odor. This stuff is amazing, just soak a corner of a rag and blot it on the soil - it will remove grease too. When the spot dries, there is no ring left behind. This stuff is so great that I keep a bottle of it on my boat and a bottle at home too as it removes stains on carpet in a flash.

Many people use Meguiars Quick Detailer on their cars, as do I. Instead of buying the small bottles at retail outlets, go to a parts house that deals with the auto body trade and buy Meguiars Final Inspection #34 in gallon containers. It is the same stuff as Quick Detailer, only much more economical to buy this way. It costs me $20.00/gal. Just re-fill your detailer bottle with it.

Just thought I'd share a few things with you folks
Old 01-07-2002, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK 320
Wax

By any chance is Malm's a company in Westchester, N.Y.? I seem to remember reading about them a long time ago. Also, as far as Griot's is concerned, their polishing cloths are great. Hard to find 100% cotton anywhere.
Old 01-07-2002, 06:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2002 CLK 430 Coupe
Malms is located someplace around where you mention, not exactly sure if it is Westchester or not.

As far as Griot's suff is concerned, most of their items are way above average - if you have a need for them. I am very pleased with them, and Malms.
Old 01-07-2002, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLB 250 4matic
ok, rp430 (aka Mr. Malms Griot ), i'll give them a try. i use zaino but i'm always looking for non-streaking window cleaners. i have yet to find this magic elixir.
Old 01-08-2002, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 S 600
Malms is great stuff.....I'm waiting for him to mix up another batch of the special paste carnabu......he only produces it once in a while after he has enough orders.

I also use the Girots Interior cleaner......you can use it on leather....I have an S600 with the soft Nappa and it does a great job....