Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Best Place to Buy a Complete Buffer/Polisher Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 R350 - P01- Black on Black, 2008 Toyota Sienna Limited
Best Place to Buy a Complete Buffer/Polisher Kit

Hey all, I'm going to break down and get the Porter Cable 7424 Polisher or Ultimate Detailing Machine with all the pads and such and wanted to know if you all had any suggestions where I can get the most complete kit for the best price. I think the general rule is that you should get two of each pad type, backing plate, counterbalance, towels, and polish/cleaner/compound/wax, etc. Best place I've found for the Ultimate looks like:

http://www.pinnaclewax.com/ultimate-...e-pro-kit.html

Not sure about the quality of the Ultimate Detailing Machine or the Pinnacle Wax, so your comments on that would be great.

Any other places I should be looking, really need a one stop shop for all my stuff. Thanks all!
Old 11-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My name is Greg and I'm the owner of www.DetailedImage.com and I'd be happy to help you with your detailing needs. We speciailize in helping people select the products that will help best meet your vehicle's particular needs. We do not carry the UDM at this time but we do carry the Porter Cable 7424 and Flex XC 3401 VRG. Currently we have the Porter Cable 7424 on sale for only $109.99 during November. You are on the right track with two of each pad, counterweight, etc. If you would like me to help you custom build the rest of the package please let me know. Let me know about your goals (remove swirls, ease of use, shine, protection, etc.) and I'll do my best to find products that best help you achieve them. We also offer 10% off to all MBWorld members. Thank you for posting and I look forward to hearing from you.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 11-15-2007, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
98 Brilliant Silver E320 Wagon
FYI - Porter Cable Polisher

I've been meaning to mention that the Porter Cable 7336SP Sander is the same tool as the PC 7224 Polisher except that it comes with a sanding disk. You can unscrew the sanding disk and attach the polishing disk (PN 54475). I only bring this up in case you find something on eBay. Generally the polisher is a bit cheaper than the sander.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 R350 - P01- Black on Black, 2008 Toyota Sienna Limited
Greg, I took your advice and ordered a 7424 Advanced kit with a few extras. Hopefully I'll have it this weekend to try it out. Thanks for the advice and the great website for us do it yourselfers!
Old 02-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congratulations on picking up a fantastic buffer! I think you'll really like the buffer and the results. Thank you for supporting Detailed Image, I truly appreciate your support!

Greg @ Detailed Image