Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Help! Blue Stains -- Black Leather Interior (CLS500)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 CLS500
Help! Blue Stains -- Black Leather Interior (CLS500)

Hey everyone,

I was cleaning my interior earlier today (CLS500 w/ Black ventialted seats), and I noticed small dark blue patches on the right side of my drivers seat and left passenger seat. More specifically, there's a vertical blue patch on the right side bolster of both seats, a small blue patch in the area between the top of the drivers seat and the headrest (front seat), and a small blue patch on my headrest (seat). I tried cleaning the affected areas w/ Lexol, but to no avail. I doubt it's a clothing dye stain, since the color of the stain is identical on both seats, and I've never sat in the back seat. Is the black leather dye starting to wear off? If so, should I skip the local detailer and take it straight to the dealer?

Many thanks in advance.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:39 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmmm... Tough call on what to do. You could go to a detailer or dealer but I would only advise that if you're confident in the service they provide. There are great detailers and dealers out there but unfortunately I've found more bad ones than good ones. Again if you know someone whose good it may be worth it. If you think this is possibly a warranty issue then maybe bring it there regardless. If you want to try this again yourself you may want to try the Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil and Prestine Clean. This is my preferred leather cleaner and conditioner, because of it's strong cleaning power and ability to release contaminants. I am certainly not guaranteeing that it will work but it's my go to combination of products for leather care. Follow the Leatherique instructions and you'll get the most of these products, if you decided to try this again yourself. Good luck and let us know what you try and how it works!

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 01-28-2008, 07:53 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
This has worked well for me-
To repair use a reputable leather dye that will restore the surface to recreate a new seemingly original finish
This kit allows you to recolor worn and faded leather easily. The colour coat provided is a water based material that is designed to be highly compatible with leather, restores and renews the colour and finish of covered or protected automotive upholstery leather

Leather Magic (leather dye) –
US- http://www.leathermagic.com/Pages/recolorkits.htm

But if your vehicle is still under warranty, return it to the dealer if not I would still talk to them as leather dye should not come of within this period of time (hopefully you/your car detailer don't use solvent-based products on it)

Just out of interest- what do you clean your leathet upholstery with?

Last edited by TOGWT; 01-28-2008 at 08:00 AM.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 CLS500
Thanks again for the quick responses. I have a service appointment tomorrow morning. I'll keep you posted. Here's hoping that it's a quick fix -- I couldn't be happier with the car otherwise, and these stains are driving me nuts...

I've only used Lexol (Cleaner & Conditioner) to clean my seats. Lexol isn't solvent-based, right?