Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Zaino for leather? any good?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2002, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 E420 (124)
Zaino for leather? any good?

First, i apologize if this topic is already covered elsewhere, but i didn't see any at a "quick" glance.

My car is 95 model with some minor cracks in the leather seats; nothing that bad. Luckily, the leather is black and don’t show much dirt so I don’t know if it is dirty. I just ordered Zaino leather cleaner and Conditioner (Z9 & Z10). Haven’t used it yet. Does anyone have any experience with Zaino leather stuff? Any good advise on what to do to bring a little old leather to life?

Also, what do you recommend to use to clean the wood trim? Thanks.
Old 11-20-2002, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
for older leather i HIGHLY recommend getting leatherique... (scroll down a few threads). Z10 isn't that great at older leather, but mainly maintaining the feel and softening leather. Leatherique will really deep clean your seats, and fill the pores with oil making your leather softer. They say it has proteins and other goodies to strengthen the hide.
Old 11-20-2002, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32 AMG
I have both Z9 and Z10, and I agree with Al. They work well to maintain leather, but they won't drastically change the state of older leather.
Old 11-20-2002, 11:43 AM

95 E420 (124)
thanks guys... i'll look into Letherique.
Old 11-20-2002, 03:28 PM

95 E420 (124)
Originally posted by AlBoston
for older leather i HIGHLY recommend getting leatherique... (scroll down a few threads). Z10 isn't that great at older leather, but mainly maintaining the feel and softening leather. Leatherique will really deep clean your seats, and fill the pores with oil making your leather softer. They say it has proteins and other goodies to strengthen the hide.
Which Leatherique product do you recommend? The Leather Rejuvenator Oil? or do i need their leather cleaner as well? given i already have Z9. thanks.
Old 11-20-2002, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
you need rejuv oil, and prestine clean, if you order, tell them that you are in the meb north america club, youll get a discount