Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Chemical Guys Products Now Available at www.DetailedImage.com

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Chemical Guys Products Now Available at www.DetailedImage.com

I'm very excited to announce that www.DetailedImage.com will now carry many of premier Chemical Guys products at our store. We spent a lot of time researching different companies and brands we wanted to make a long term commitment to and working with Chemical Guys became a very obvious choice. Chemical Guys is a huge manufacturer of high quality detailing supplies. They are researching, developing and refining a lot of their own products which helps them stay on the cutting edge of detailing technology. There products are geared towards exceeding the needs of even the most particular detailers. Here is a list of products that we are currently carrying from Chemical Guys at this time, although this will definitely be growing. Please look through these products and see what solutions Chemical Guys have developed to help solve your detailing needs.

Sealant
Jetseal 109
M-Seal
Blitz Acrylic Spray Sealant

Wax
50/50 Limited Edition Concourse Paste Wax
Pete's 53 Black Pearl Signature Paste Wax

Wash
Citrus Wash and Gloss
One Waterless Car Wash

Degreaser
Grime Reaper
Bare Bones (Undercarriage cleaner)

Glaze
Extreme EZ Creme Glaze with Acrylic Shine II

Wheel and Tire Care
Wheel and Rim Citrus Cleaner
MetalWax Polish and Protection

Interior
Silk Shine Dressing and Protectant (Cleaner and Protectant)
Sofast Odor Eater
Extreme Offensive Odor Eliminator (concentrated)
Fabric Clean

Microfiber Care
Microfiber Cleaning Detergent

Pad Conditioner
Foam Pad Conditioner

Clay Bar and Lube
Luber (clay Lube)
Clay Bar (in stock and will be available to purchase soon)

All of these products produce fantastic results and work extremely well. I'm going to highlight three of my favorite products thus far and share some of my thoughts on these products.

Jetseal 109 - I have to start with this product because it has the biggest WOW affect. I'm a big fan of the Mezerna FMJ and it's been one of my favorite sealants for some time now. However there may be a new sealant at the top of my list now with the Jetseal 109. I'm really impressed with this product and how well balanced it is. The protection is ridiculously strong and long lasting. This is obviously a major quality in evaluating a sealant and this product gets a 10 out of 10 with me. It's very durable and looks outstanding. Like the FMJ it can fool you in to thinking it's a wax with the deeper gloss and shine. I love the way it makes the paint look really wet after just one application. It's also easy to use with a buffer or by hand. I would highly recommend this product to absolutely every detailer. Try the Jetseal 109 and you may never want to try another sealant again.

50/50 Limited Series Concourse Paste Wax - Waxes are tough to evaluate as more and more of them work so well. However the 50/50 looks outstanding and stands out in a crowded market. It's ultra glossy and make the paint have a warm glow to it. The quality of the wax comes from using some really high quality ingredients and a highly refined engineering process. The wax is created in an air tight environment to help prevent any impurities from coming in contact with the wax. After 18 hours of blending and emulsification perfection the wax is hand poured in to a temperature resistant jar. The formula dries in a room with a highly regulated temperature for a highly consistent drying process. After 24 hours of cooling every tin is inspected for separation or other imperfection. The approved tins move into another cooling chamber until the product has fully hardened. Each jar is then inspected again by a quality control expert who signs each jar of wax. The results from this wax are reflected by the effort put in to each jar. I hope you will try this wax and see it's dramatic gloss for yourself.

Citrus Wash and Gloss - This is the perfect maintenance wash product in between full details. Sometimes after a full detail I want to do a quick wash but keep that super freshly detailed appearance. The Wash and Gloss does a great job of cleaning the surface and adding a layer of protection and shine. It works just like a regular shampoo but has an acrylic layer that is left behind that enhances the shine. This saves me the step of using a spray on sealant or wax and still having a great shine. Quick, effective and easy to use are all attributes that make this a great product to have.

Thank you for taking the time to look over some of the Chemical Guys products. Use your 10% off coupon (10offMBW) on all of these products too! Please let us know if you have any questions about these products or anything else related to detailing.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 04-14-2008, 04:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C55, w211 E55, ML320 CDI
Glad you guys decided to carry CG. They have some excellent products.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FORD GT-40
Discussion of Cocamidopropyl betaine

surfactant derived from coconut oil and dimethylaminopropylamine.[1] It is a zwitterionic

chemical compound with a quaternary ammonium cation. It is a viscous pale yellow transparent

liquid and is used as a surfactant in bath products such as shampoos and hand soaps, and in

cosmetics as an emulsifying agent and thickener, and to reduce irritation purely ionic

surfactants would cause. It also serves as an antistatic agent in hair conditioners.

Cocamidopropyl betaine is a derivate of cocamide

and glycine betaine (a form of betaine). See cocamide for the discussion of the length of carbon

chain in the molecule.

Cocamidopropyl betaine is a medium strength surfactant which most often does not irritate skin or

mucous membranes. That said, some studies indicate it is an allergen.[2][3][4] It also has

antiseptic properties, making it suitable for personal sanitary products. It is compatible with

other cationic, anionic, and nonionic surfactants.

Cocamidopropyl betaine to a significant degree has replaced cocamide DEA. Cocamidopropyl betaine

is the active ingredient in Johnson & Johnson's Baby wash.