Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

best wax for White CL 2008

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 01:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL500
best wax for White CL 2008

whats the best wax any of you have used for white Mercs?
Old 04-22-2008, 11:52 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well you'll get a lot of varying opinions on what is the best wax. Each person has their own experiences and range of products they have tested. I'll do by best to share some information about protecting your paint and my favorite choices.

First off you probably want to choose between (or select both) a wax and a sealant. Waxes come from nature and provide a deep and rich gloss. They look phenomenal when you get a good carnauba paste wax but they only protect for about 2 - 8 weeks. Sealants are artificial waxes that will protect much longer, about 3 - 6 months. Sealants look highly reflective and shinny, but not quite as deep as waxes. If you only want to apply one product I would recommend a sealant unless you want to reapply the wax very often. Ideally I would apply a sealant first and layer a wax on top off it for maximum protection and shine.

Favorite Sealants
Poorboy's World EX-P - great value, good shine
Menzerna FMJ - fantastic shine, super easy to apply, good protection
Chemical Guys Jetseal 109 - easy to apply, deep shine, great protection
FMJ and 109 are my two favorites

Favorite Waxes
Chemical Guys 50/50 Limited Edition Carnauba Wax - looks exceptional on all colors, 16oz size vs. most waxes are 8oz.
P21S Carnauba Wax - good value, works great on lighter colors
Both waxes will look exceptional on white!

All of these products are available on www.detailedimage.com and you can use your MBWorld.com discount code (10offMBW) if you're interested in purchasing them. If you have any other questions or if you'd like other recommendations please let me know.

Greg @ Detailed Image