Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

DETAILING?? Zaino or ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 SL600, 2001 S500, 1996 SL320
DETAILING?? Zaino or ???

I have been quite pleased with Zaino, but have seen some quite impressive results especially online with other products.

Does anyone have a detail system that they think is just awesome with results???

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:00 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Detailing to me is about finding out what works best for you. There are many really good products out there that can work. It also really depends on your goals. I typically like to start off using a clay bar at least 1 - 2 times per year. Zaino has some great sealants but they do not offer too much for cutting polishes. If you haven't used a cutting polish yet that is a major step you could do to improve the appearance of the paint. You can use a glaze next as well to help fill in other imperfections and add gloss to the surface. Next I would use a sealant and wax for increased protection and shine.

Here are two packages I would recommend. Option #1 is some of my absolute favorites and Option #2 is also outstanding but more affordable

Option #1
Clay Magic Clay Bar and Poorboy's World Spray and Wipe (clay lube)
Menzerna PO106FF (light polish)
Menzerna Finishing Touch Glaze
Chemical Guys Jetseal 109 (excellent protection and shine)
Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax (extremely deep gloss)

Option #2
Clear Kote Clay Bar and Quick Shine (clay lube)
Menzerna Final Polish II
Chemical Guys EZ Creme Glaze
Chemical Guys M-Seal
Poorboy's World Natty's Blue Paste Wax

All of these products are available at www.detailedimage.com and you can get 10% off on them as well with the coupon code (10offMBW). These are two sample kits with some outstanding products. If you would like me to help you build a custom package please let me know, I would be happy to help you.

Greg @ Detailed Image