Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

I need your magical products detial image!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320 2003
I need your magical products detial image!!

Basicly dirt is baked onto my rims and i can't get it off. i tried washing, scrubbing with a toothbrush, random cleaning solutions (such as simple green) and even clay bar. The dirt won't come off, any product u guys can recomend besides buying new rims?

Also a little off topic, you guys know any good waxes that will give a silver car that Mirror like shine that you can only get from a black car?
Old 07-23-2008, 06:24 PM

Scion tC
p21s wheel gel overnight for you wheels. i'm in a similar situation with some car and it's annoying the hell out of me!

for wax, try chemical guys pete's 53
Old 07-24-2008, 06:43 PM

E320 2003
can anyone else confirm this product before i pull out my wallet? product should work judging by the quality of detailing specC does
Old 07-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thank you for your interest in our products, I would be happy to provide you with more information. For general cleanings the P21S Wheel Gel is great. It has a neutral pH and is safe on all wheels. However if you already tried a strong cleaner like Simple Green and it didn't improve the situation you may want to try something else. I would suggest using the P21S Finish Restorer or other metal polish. These products help separate contaminants from the surface and restore a deep shine to the surface. I apply a tiny amount (small toothpaste sized drop) on the textured side of a two sided microfiber polishing towel and buff it in to the wheel. Then buff off the excess residue with the smooth side of the towel. This is my go to product for tough wheel stains.

As for the wax on silver paint I would suggest applying the Chemical Guys 50/50 Paste Wax. It helps make silver paint look ultra glossy and deep. If you prefer something more affordable try the P21S Carnauba Wax or the Poorboy's World Natty's Red Paste Wax.

For maximum protection I would recommend applying a sealant first. Sealants are far more durable and also make the paint look great. My favorite sealant right now is probably the Chemical Guys Jetseal 109. It is easy to use, very strong and has a deep shine. Ideally I would layer the 50/50 over this for the ultimate combination of protection and shine. Some other good sealants that are more affordable are the Blackfire Wet Diamond and the Poorboy's World EX-P if desired. You can also protect your rims with a light coating from these sealants as well or you can get the Poorboy's World Wheel Sealant. They make future cleanings much easier.

Let me know if you would like more information about these products or any part of the detailing process.