Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Nikota 7" Polisher

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2002, 11:58 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
'23 EQE 350 4MATIC
Nikota 7" Polisher

I posted this question on Autopia but didn't get a response; so, I am trying it here.

Has anybody tried or heard of this polisher? Is it any good? It is available on tptools.com:

http://www.tptools.com/product.asp?b...R774RLUHSC5MNE
Old 12-25-2002, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
It has adjustable RPM and a good powered motor. Seems to be OK. Make sure you get some good quality pads though, pads that come with machines don't seem to be that great. Does the machine have a warranty or anything?
Old 12-25-2002, 04:12 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
'23 EQE 350 4MATIC
Originally posted by AlBoston
It has adjustable RPM and a good powered motor. Seems to be OK. Make sure you get some good quality pads though, pads that come with machines don't seem to be that great. Does the machine have a warranty or anything?
Thanks for the input.

The unit is manufactured in a Chinese factory "near Shanghai" (I would guess in Suzhou Industrial Park). It comes with the standard one-year factory warranty. The company (Nikota Industrial Tools) is an OEM manufacturer for private label brands (I don't know which ones... anybody know?). Their office in the US is in the City of Industry, California.

Link: www.nikotausa.com

Except for the looped handle, the motor housing looks similar to a Milwaukee. The price is quite reasonable ($127) ... not a spam; I am not connected with Nikota or TpTools.

As for pads, the Makita pads from CMA will probably be a perfect match.

Last edited by saintvir; 12-25-2002 at 04:15 PM.