Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Simoniz?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 SL600, 2001 S500, 1996 SL320
Simoniz?

Anyone here familiar with Siminoz System 5, my friend is buying a BMW 3 Series and the dealer wants to put this on it. He said you will never have to wax the car, I never heard of anything like that. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
okey i never heard of that product but all Simoniz products i have come in touch whit are total crap and would never even think about using in on my car
Old 09-01-2008, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Several MB's Superperformance MK III Cobra
Originally Posted by StephenK
Anyone here familiar with Siminoz System 5, my friend is buying a BMW 3 Series and the dealer wants to put this on it. He said you will never have to wax the car, I never heard of anything like that. Any feedback would be appreciated.
It is another gimmick. Their ad says it contains Teflon which is great. However Teflon must be applied using heat in excess of of 350 degrees F. I doubt very much that the dealer is going to put the product on your friends car and then place it in an oven at those tenpertures. It probably will melt much of the plastic on the 3 series.

There is nothing out there that will last forever and eliminate the need for waxing. Tell your fiend to save his money and buy a wax or sealant.

Last edited by lkirchner; 09-01-2008 at 10:36 AM. Reason: correction