Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

scratches between layer of Klasse SG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C350 Palladium Silver
scratches between layer of Klasse SG

Hi All,

I'm a new owner of a 2008 C350. I start Klasse AIO and SG the first day when I received the car.

I have put on 1 layer of AIO, and 5 coat of SG. I am on my way to put on the 6th but I notice there are some scratches on the hood that I've never noticed before. I figured they're scratches between layers of SG since I couldn't feel them when I ran my hand on them. How can I get rid of these scratches? Should I strip down the layers of SG on the hood? and how?

I only apply using hands and no machines.

All inputs will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-25-2008, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by howardc
Hi All,

I'm a new owner of a 2008 C350. I start Klasse AIO and SG the first day when I received the car.

I have put on 1 layer of AIO, and 5 coat of SG. I am on my way to put on the 6th but I notice there are some scratches on the hood that I've never noticed before. I figured they're scratches between layers of SG since I couldn't feel them when I ran my hand on them. How can I get rid of these scratches? Should I strip down the layers of SG on the hood? and how?

I only apply using hands and no machines.

All inputs will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!
Those are not scratches in your SG its scratched paint. Any protective layer is so thin that you cant "scratch" into it. You will need to get a polisher of sorts and some Menzerna polishes to fix the marks. Or you can reduce and hide them by hand but AIO and SG wont be of much help here.