Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Should I give tip after car wash??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2002, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C240
Originally posted by henry47
Penske mercedes in Azusa, Southern California gives free car washes to EVERYONE who has a mercedes. ALl you got to do is pull up in line and wait. They have the BEST service, but their tech's don't seem to be the smartest. My service advisor works on my car even with aftermarket modifications on it. He even went out of his way to make custom blocks so my lowered car could go onto the alignment rack. AND he aligned it for free. NOt to mention they have free foot massages, chef's breakfasts, soft drinks, coffee, juices, muffins, cookies and even a little putting green to practice your golf when you wait
WOW... i wish there is a dealer like that around me...
Old 01-01-2003, 08:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML
The free wash thing at dealerships is a joke. Yes, most do a good job (afterall the car is shiny compared with before it was there, anyway, so most people can't tell the difference!!!) but do you ever wonder what kind of wash they have? I don't believe any of them are brushless, so expect to have some scratches after every wash. I did it twice and now I tell them not to wash any of my cars after service - I'm tired of wondering where the latest scratch came from!!!. I'll do it myself, thank you!!!
Old 01-01-2003, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
Anyone who reads the detail forum and follows the "washing with two mitts, two buckets, top of the line soap, etc." and then goes to the trouble of Zainoing it, would not even think of letting a dealer (or anyone) wash the car.

I am going in to the dealer tomorrow with my obsidian black E-500 with no scratches and no swirls...I have a big sticky note ready for the steering wheel that says 'NO EXTERIOR WASH PLEASE!".

I hate to wash my car but like EDJ, I will do it to protect my new car.

ED