Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

High Polished Wheels...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 07:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 Mercedes Benz C230K SS
High Polished Wheels...

Hey guys and gals... I'm a member on MBWORLD and just yesterday, I finally put my authentic Brabus Monoblock VI's on. They look really really nice.

First off, I did search the thread before starting this one so I thought I'd get that out of the way first.

I typically wash the car on my own, but decided to take it somewhere. Anyways, so I go to car wash etc... and when I got home, I noticed speck marks of some sort on my rims. Must've been from something they sprayed on them before they wiped them down?

My question to you is, seein these are high quality rims what type of cleaning products do you recommend to keep your expensive rims clean????
Attached Thumbnails High Polished Wheels...-brabusmbvi-003.jpg  
Old 09-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous wheels! You definitely want to be careful cleaning any high end after market wheel. Many generic cleaners use some strong agents that are not safe on all wheel finishes. I would highly recommend using the P21S Wheel Gel. It's a pH neutral cleaner that is safe on all wheels. You may also want to protect your wheels with a coating of the Poorboy's World Wheel Sealant. One coating helps prevent high temperature brake dust from hitting the wheel. This helps brake dust and road grime from bonding with the wheel and it makes future cleanings much easier. Let me know if you have any questions about these products or about caring for any other part of your vehicle.

Greg @ Detailed Image