Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

shamelessly lazy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'03 W211 aka E-500
shamelessly lazy

Ok, I know I could search and go back and read through the posts, but I gotta be honest.

Right this very minute it is the brief break between first and second quarters of the Rose Bowl (I mean the Real Rose Bowl...this year they're calling it the Orange bowl), and I need to ask a detailing question because I've only got a 1/2 hour tomorrow to pick up the right product, so here goes....

What is the best stuff (and easiest) to use to lightly clean and maintain premium leather. Not the buttery soft Naptha, or the "leather inserts" but the mid-grade one between those two, the Premium Leather.

Thanks guys!

EDJ
Old 01-03-2003, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
one word:

Leatherique
Old 01-03-2003, 08:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Zaino Z10 works really well, but nothing beats leatherique.
Old 01-03-2003, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'03 W211 aka E-500
OK

Ok,

Advice taken, I picked up some Stoner's window wash. (Advice from another thread).

Today I visited the Pep Girls (Fanny, Flo, and Jackie), AutoZone, and Kragen. NONE carried leatherique.

Where is it available?

Thanks,

EDJ
Old 01-03-2003, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Re: OK

Originally posted by ElDiabloJoe
Ok,

Advice taken, I picked up some Stoner's window wash. (Advice from another thread).

Today I visited the Pep Girls (Fanny, Flo, and Jackie), AutoZone, and Kragen. NONE carried leatherique.

Where is it available?

Thanks,

EDJ
lol sorry to waste your day, only available at www.leatherique.com, if you want an OK autozone product u could get the eagle one leather conditioner. MB/meguiars condition is also OK. I would much rather use Pinnacle leather condition (at CMA), Zaino Z10, Griots leather conditioner, or leatherique(the best).
Old 01-04-2003, 01:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL sorry for wasting your day too. Al's advice is good. I would add that a damp MF and a buff dry is also good for a weekly wipe down. Just make sure whatever leather cleaner you use for short term treatment has no silicones or waxes. And for preventive maintenance, avoid direct sun. For long-term treatment (ie. like a once every 4-6 months) and a true DEEP cleaning, nothing beats leatherique.

BTW they have holiday specials going on now...RJ AND PC for 120 bucks...you have 75 dollars (read the website for descriptions on the products )