Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Help Used Rubbing Compound

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E350 SP / Honda Crosstour / prior vehicles - C32 modded / C300 modded / Lincoln LS modded
Help Used Rubbing Compound

I used Turtle wax polishing / Rubbing compound. I thought it would be ok due to it's the least abrasive. Well it screwed the spot I was trying to fix up.
Anything I can use to get this back to normal. I waxed it 2 times and still looks the same. more swirl marks and a lack luster shine.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:13 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It sounds like the compound was too aggressive. Using a finer and smoother polish will help remove the haze and light imperfections. Waxes will only enhance what is already on the surface so they won't fix the problem.

I would suggest using the Menzerna PO106FF or Menzerna Final Polish II. These are two light polishes that should help remove the haze and make the clear coat look vibrant and feel smooth. If you have any other questions please me know.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 10-27-2008, 03:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E350 4matic
correct me if i am wrong, but shouldn't you wash with blue dawn and then clay bar before using a polish to get all previous wax and contaminants off?
Old 10-27-2008, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 c63 10 c300 Nissan truck
Originally Posted by evanswan
I used Turtle wax polishing / Rubbing compound. I thought it would be ok due to it's the least abrasive. Well it screwed the spot I was trying to fix up.
Anything I can use to get this back to normal. I waxed it 2 times and still looks the same. more swirl marks and a lack luster shine.
use a portercable random polisher with a orange foam pad with any good finishing polish