Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Wax as you dry products...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
Wax as you dry products...

I have been using Turtle Wax, wax as you dry for a few years now with seemingly very good results. I know it seems too good to be true that this works as well as regular waxing as it is soo easy. I do it about once a month and it doesn't seem to be wearing off too quickly. Does anyone have any good/bad experiences with this type of wax?
Old 10-31-2008, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by C300Sport
I have been using Turtle Wax, wax as you dry for a few years now with seemingly very good results. I know it seems too good to be true that this works as well as regular waxing as it is soo easy. I do it about once a month and it doesn't seem to be wearing off too quickly. Does anyone have any good/bad experiences with this type of wax?
They dont offer much protection alone but when combined with a quality base coat synthetic sealant they can extend the life and make the car look just waxed for a while.

The best I have used by far has been Hydro by Prima. It is sold at Detailer's Paradise and is extremely effective. I never used to use such a product but I now use that on my daily drivers between waxings and it really looks sensational. Best part is that it really does help protect the paint a bit and it makes water bead quite well.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
I used it again today and the car looks amazing. I will likely do a good sythetic sealant once a year but really like how this is looking.
I looked for the Hydro this weekend but couldn't find any...may look a few more places as I am getting low after this waxing.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by C300Sport
I used it again today and the car looks amazing. I will likely do a good sythetic sealant once a year but really like how this is looking.
I looked for the Hydro this weekend but couldn't find any...may look a few more places as I am getting low after this waxing.
http://www.detailersparadise.com/_sy...20060425132650

Very easy to use line of products with great results. For a well priced line of products its hard to beat.

Just used hydro and slick on my S63 since I did not have time to wax it and it feels great. I wax my cars every time I wash them normally but this is the next best thing.

I was tired after spending 8 hrs polishing my black (040) SL55 to do it again on the S63. Black looks great clean and is a pain to keep looking new.