Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Has anyone tried Mothers Trigger Wash?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2002, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Has anyone tried Mothers Trigger Wash?

has anyone used this stuff? The ad claims you just need to wet-down your car, then spray it on and lather the dirt away with a sponge.

Go to http://www.mothers.com/products/products.html,click on "Paint Care" and scroll down a bit and you'll see it.
Old 01-18-2002, 09:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2002 CLK 430 Coupe
The ad claims you just need to wet-down your car, then spray it on and lather the dirt away with a sponge.
Sounds like a real good way to add plenty of swirl marks to me. If you need to rub the dirty surface to lather the soap, then you are also rubbing the dirt into the paint.

If your car is dirty enough that Final Inspection (Quick Detailer) or a like product is out of the question and you must use a hose. The only way to avoid (hopefully) swirl marks is to use lots of water and flush, flush, flush the surface as you wash.
Old 01-18-2002, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1987 190E 2.3-16V
clean

I would just stay away from that stuff, because the only safe way to wash your car is with plenty of water and alot of soap suds. Sprayers with soap and water only create friction to scratch your paint and make swirls. I say if we are lucky enough to own a Mercedes-Benz lets not ever get lazy about keeping them perfect.