Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Look at what i did to my new s550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 12:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look at what i did to my new s550

I had my 2008 s550 for a year and now it has lots of swirls and light scratches all around the car. I think its from me washing the car too much and also bringing it to the brushless automatic car wash to much. Whats the best way to remove the swirls and scratches and the correct way to wash and wax my car and use this zaino stuff?
Old 12-03-2008, 11:04 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Using good washing and drying techniques with quality tools is the key to minimizing the addition of new swirls while washing. I highly recommend you read our Detailing Guide Washing and Drying section. Then revise your process and products as needed. If you need any recommendations from me please let me know.

To remove surface imperfections you'll most likely need a medium and light polish. We generally recommend the Menzerna Super Intensive Polish (medium) and Menzerna PO106FF (light) for the new ceramic clear coats Mercedes uses. These polishes are highly effective at permanently removing swirls and restoring a deep gloss to the surface. Like all true polishes these polishes work best when applied with a buffer. Polishes require a lot of heat and pressure to be properly broken down and worked in to the surface. If you would like more information about some of our safe and easy to use buffers please let me know. If you do this by hand make sure you take your time and use good firm pressure for best results.

When you are done we recommend you protect your paint with a sealant and/or wax year round. This adds a barrier of protection that helps minimize the addition of new swirls as well. Ideally I would add a layer of sealant and wax and reapply them regularly.

If you would like any recommendations or advice on any part of this process please let me know and I'd be happy to help.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 12-31-2008, 11:45 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2016 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by JohnnyE63
I had my 2008 s550 for a year and now it has lots of swirls and light scratches all around the car. I think its from me washing the car too much and also bringing it to the brushless automatic car wash to much. Whats the best way to remove the swirls and scratches and the correct way to wash and wax my car and use this zaino stuff?
JohnnyE63:

It is nearly impossible to suggest techniques for getting your Benz back to where you want it without some pics. Greg@DI has given you some good general tips to follow but some pics would show the true condition of the paint.