Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Tinting soon in Vegas...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB '08 CLK 350
Tinting soon in Vegas...

I am new to the Benz family, this forum and an '08 W209 Coupe. I will be tinting my CLK in the next week and have extensively searched all forums for recent thoughts on this issue. Any updates on the controversy of ceramic & metallic in a high quality film?? In Vegas, I will probably use Solar Gard or Formula One in a 35% (I have the stone interior).
This CLK has navi, keyless-go, P1 so I am interested if I really need to upgrade to the ceramic material or if a high quality metallic is good. Yes, I plan the moleskin install.

I will also be considering a clear bra in the near future...maybe full hood in that package.

Also, any recommended tint installers in Vegas..I am planning on Nevada Window Tinting probably?
Thanks for any updates you can offer...

Ajay
'08 W209
Old 01-12-2009, 04:14 AM

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
not sure bout tint. Clear bra you can try calling premier to see if they'll be in your neck of the woods anytime in the future. I know they used to travel all over the U.S. for installs on Ferraris and Lambos. www.premiermobilegroup.com
Old 01-12-2009, 10:22 AM

MB '08 CLK 350
Originally Posted by Frankster
not sure bout tint. Clear bra you can try calling premier to see if they'll be in your neck of the woods anytime in the future. I know they used to travel all over the U.S. for installs on Ferraris and Lambos. www.premiermobilegroup.com
Thanks ....I received a nice email reply from them and they tour SoCal at the end of January. Pricing about $850 for a partial nose/hood bra...great shop and reviews.
Nevada Window Tinting does all the exotics in town with a LLumar film.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
Originally Posted by Ajay747
Thanks ....I received a nice email reply from them and they tour SoCal at the end of January. Pricing about $850 for a partial nose/hood bra...great shop and reviews.
Nevada Window Tinting does all the exotics in town with a LLumar film.
Lumar is good thats what my guy used not sure bout the CLK but i know for the w203 you might wanna do mole skin that will prevent scratches in the tint in the future.

post before and after pics!