Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Scratches on interior wood trim??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK350 2006
Lightbulb Scratches on interior wood trim??

Whats the best way to remove scratches on the interior wood trim on the center console?
Old 01-31-2009, 07:15 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If the wood trim is coated then you can usually remove a lot of the scratches with a very light polish. The Menzerna PO85RD would be my first choice because it is one of the lightest cutting polishes I've ever used. You can also use it on your vehicle's paint to help remove light imperfections. You can try other light polishes as well, but I like to start with the lightest possible ones first. Just apply a small drop on an applicator and buff it on with medium pressure and buff away the excess residue with a clean microfiber towel. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 01-31-2009, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
Yep, polishing works for the trim as it is coated (on my 2005 C class atleast). Also, carnuba wax makes it look great and lasts for a while since obviously it isn't exposed to the elements. This is ofcourse, if you have some very light scratches. When I first got my car there was some webbing on the wood trim, polished most of that out easily. If the scratch is through then polishing will not work. If you go too far with the polish you will just remove the coating.