Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Cleaning C350 17" wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Benz 2008 C350 sport
Cleaning C350 17" wheels

Hey
New to this forum but looking forward to fun an learning form the wealth of information I've seen so for. I need advice on Cleaning the alloy wheels on my 2008 C350 17 inch wheels that came standard with the car. I used windex on te wheels which I found to be the easiest and fastest way.

My question: Can anyone advise me as to whether Windex is harmful to the finish of the wheels.

Thanks much for your help

Mag
Old 03-24-2009, 02:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by MagNet
Hey
New to this forum but looking forward to fun an learning form the wealth of information I've seen so for. I need advice on Cleaning the alloy wheels on my 2008 C350 17 inch wheels that came standard with the car. I used windex on te wheels which I found to be the easiest and fastest way.

My question: Can anyone advise me as to whether Windex is harmful to the finish of the wheels.

Thanks much for your help

Mag
Wheels are basically painted surfaces so you should treat them as you treat your paint. Would you wash your car with Windex?

Use a gentile car soap or a lubricating spray wax to remove brake dust. Then protect them with some sort of sealant.

You can use a solvent based cleaner to get off any embedded dirt and or road tar.

Detaialers Paradise has a very nice wheel wax designed for the harsh conditions seen by our wheels. I recommend it highly. I also recommend their spray as you dry sealant called hydro. Its great when you dont have time to really wax your wheels. Their quick detail spray is pretty nice as well and its called Slick.

But in the end any product sold for protecting paint that Phil carries at Detailers Domain will serve you well.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Benz 2008 C350 sport
Thank you kindly for your advice. I'll look for that product - I'll also look around a couple of auto supply stores in the area.

Thanks again
Mag
Old 03-24-2009, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by MagNet
Thank you kindly for your advice. I'll look for that product - I'll also look around a couple of auto supply stores in the area.

Thanks again
Mag
Anything sold at a auto parts store will be pretty cheap. I think you should look around at some of the sites on the internet.

The products I mentioned are sold at detailers paradise but all the products sold by Phil at detailersdomain.com are very good as well.

Going up a step in car care quality will make your car really look great.