Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Obsidian Black Anybody...Touch Up Pen?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500
Obsidian Black Anybody...Touch Up Pen?

Hi All,

I recently sold my 03' E500 in Obsidian Black. A nice recommendation came my way, so I bought the Auto Visuals Paint Pen. The color is perfect! I used it a little bit on some front end rock chips just before a sold it. It's darn near full.

They charge $22 + $6 shipping. Anyone want it for $18 shipped?

Let me know,

Nick
Old 03-24-2009, 01:38 PM

2003 E500
sold
Old 03-24-2009, 02:44 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm glad to hear that you liked that pen. I know you have a good idea for how the paint should appear so I trust your insight. It gives me more confidence to recommend to other people who contact me. Do you mind sharing your process with it or the instructions you followed?

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 03-24-2009, 02:56 PM

2003 E500
You got it buddy I really enjoyed using the pen after TOGWT recommended it some months back. All I know is that the mixture was perfect; not too much metallic, not too little.

It's expensive though, but well worth it. One of those, "You get what you pay for." The pen application is very easy to use, and it seems as if you can build it up pretty easily (says 5 minutes between coats). Honestly, no short cuts here. You can seriously paint and go.

My biggest issue was when my wife was driving the car and another car's tire blew out. A chunk of "road gator" hit the top of the hood, slid up the windshield, and off the back. I incurred 3 5"+ lines near the intake grills. Most of the time, I would have said, "Time for a whole hood repaint.". I tried buffing them out with the absolute best out there, but to the risk of burning the paint, gave this a try. What a success!

I have the Lanka system with the "blob eliminator". I only use that if I'm doing some major work though. I also picked up their clear coat pen, and they say to use those for light scratches that do not penetrate the color coat. I have not used it in that manner yet, but just may next time. You can use the clear coat pen for added gloss, but honestly, on the rock chips I could not tell the difference.

I already ordered the new one for my new Lexus, but I'm not going to say, "Can't wait to try it"!
Old 03-25-2009, 08:13 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Awesome information, thank you so much!

Greg @ Detailed Image