Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Carpet Cleaning?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 04:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 c300 4matic
Carpet Cleaning?

Hey guys, where i live we have long winters and it looks like its clearing up. Lots of small rocks that can be vaccumed but what after that? whats good to use as a carpet cleaner? will i need any tools or brushes along with this process? please help
Old 04-25-2009, 06:39 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
Carpets- 303™ Rug / Upholstery Cleaner & Spot Remover or Folex Instant Carpet Spot Remover, Bac-Out - the safest and most advanced stain and odour eliminator on the market, contains live enzyme cultures that attack organic stains (food, etc) and odours until they are gone. P21S Total Auto Wash (its active ingredient is d-limonene solvent (citrus)) a safe all purpose cleaner (APC) Woolite® Heavy Traffic Carpet Foam or Hoover Deep Cleansing Carpet/Upholstery Detergent, Eimann Fabrik Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner

An extract from “Interior Detailing” one of a series of in-depth © detailing articles by TOGWT ™
Old 04-25-2009, 12:35 PM

2008 ml350 2006 clk350
Wink

I usually take simple green diluted in a bucket of water and use a cheap stiff bristle brush I got from the dollar store and scrub away. Carpets look brand new. I know everyones gonna say order all that carpet stuff from the online stores but I don't think my carpets can get any cleaner.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:43 PM

09 c300 4matic
cool, this is a start, thanks.

Anyone ever use adams carpet/upholstry cleaner?
Old 05-09-2009, 03:07 AM

2005 C55
Originally Posted by Benz350
I usually take simple green diluted in a bucket of water and use a cheap stiff bristle brush I got from the dollar store and scrub away. Carpets look brand new. I know everyones gonna say order all that carpet stuff from the online stores but I don't think my carpets can get any cleaner.
Your probably right on. Those other cleaners may get the spots out but really it just rubs the dirt in the carpet. At my detail shop we have a hot water carpet extractor machine, but the process is easy to replicate.

-Spray your carpets with some kind of carpet cleaner...
-Pour a pretty generous amount of hot water onto the floorboard...(Scrubbing with a scrub brush is sometimes necessary)
-Vacum dry with a ShopVac..

Repeat if necessary.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I use the 303 Cleaner and Spot Remover as well for carpet and interior care. It's highly effective and very safe to use. I mist it on the carpets and directly spray stains and let it sit for 1 - 2 minutes. Then agitate them with a medium to firm bristle brush after dunking it in some water, or misting water on the surface (warm or hot water can help as well). Work the brush in multiple different angles for best results and repeat as needed. We have 20% off these products and virtually all of our other products until 5/11/09 if you are interested. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 05-29-2009, 02:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
97 C28
Meguirers Detailer chemical works well has foaming lifters lift dirt out I use a shop van with a eureka tip brush system I love it works reall goodlike a little carpet shampooer nothing like spending some time with your carpets