Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Cotton washcloth

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2003 | 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK320
Cotton washcloth

I bought a cotton washcloth to wash my car with, does anyone know if it scratches? I also bought Eagle One Wet Car Wash and Eagle One Wet Wax As U Dry spry. Does anyone know if they are any good and dont ruin the clearcoat?
Old 02-09-2003 | 05:46 PM

C230 Kompressor Sport
I'm not exactly sure what kind of cotton washcloth you have. As long as you never use celluloid sponge on a car!!! The "cells" trap sand & dirt creating a sandpaper effect on your car as you wash it. Typically the big washmits are the best...I've used natural fiber ones have not had any experience yet w/ the microfibers yet. Also not familiar w/ the Eagle One products you have. Yet anything that shortcuts a good wash/wax I'm leary of. I've always bought the cheapest car wash (whatever's on sale), and spent my money on good waxes/polishes. I like Meguire's products and 3M prodcuts are also top notch. I've never been a fan of one step wash/wax products as nothing beats good old fashioned care. -DL

Last edited by Corp DL; 02-09-2003 at 06:00 PM.