Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Detail Image Products are OUTSTANDING

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Detail Image Products are OUTSTANDING

I have found myself becoming very addicted to their products. I just ordered my third lot of prodcust from them today as my E55 just keeps looking better and better. Anyone contemplating buying from them, go for it. My car basically looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor

Greg, I bought the Portal Buffer 7424 from you about a month ago and with the orange pad and Mezerna SIP, is that the strongest combo for cutting as far as that buffer goes. I do have some stubborn swirls that will not come out.

Your products are just AMAZING and now I am addicted to detailing my E55 any chance I get. I see myself investing in the stronger buffer soon
Old 05-18-2009, 08:11 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chawkins2001
I have found myself becoming very addicted to their products. I just ordered my third lot of prodcust from them today as my E55 just keeps looking better and better. Anyone contemplating buying from them, go for it. My car basically looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor

Greg, I bought the Portal Buffer 7424 from you about a month ago and with the orange pad and Mezerna SIP, is that the strongest combo for cutting as far as that buffer goes. I do have some stubborn swirls that will not come out.

Your products are just AMAZING and now I am addicted to detailing my E55 any chance I get. I see myself investing in the stronger buffer soon
Thank you for the post, I really appreciate the positive feedback. I'm also really thrilled to hear the detail work has been going great. It really makes my day when we've helped a customer so again thanks a lot for sharing your experience.

The Menzerna SIP and orange pad is a medium combination on the aggressive scale. The Power Gloss and a yellow pad would be the heavy cutting. However I think you would get a lot better results by using the polishes and pads you have with the Flex XC 3401 VRG. This buffer has a lot more power and would provide significantly better results than just upgrading the polishes. The PC 7424 has limits no matter what combo you use so that is why I think the Flex may be a better investment for you, although I realize it costs significantly more. Let me know if I can help you any further.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 05-19-2009, 08:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
ok, I will just continue saving and get the stronger buffer you suggest. Is that buffer somewhat dangerous at burning through and causing damage to the paint.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:00 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chevy
that's great!...nice share!...
Old 05-20-2009, 08:57 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chawkins2001
ok, I will just continue saving and get the stronger buffer you suggest. Is that buffer somewhat dangerous at burning through and causing damage to the paint.
That sounds like a plan! As for any risks with the Flex I would say virtually none. It uses a forced random orbit motion so it just doesn't generate the heat that a rotary will. I've used it at speed 6 (max speed) with a yellow pad and aggressive polish. I pushed hard on a friends Honda, who didn't care about the paint at all, and I couldn't even begin to harm the clear coat. I have also yet to hear about anyone harming the finish.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 05-22-2009, 08:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Greg@DI
That sounds like a plan! As for any risks with the Flex I would say virtually none. It uses a forced random orbit motion so it just doesn't generate the heat that a rotary will. I've used it at speed 6 (max speed) with a yellow pad and aggressive polish. I pushed hard on a friends Honda, who didn't care about the paint at all, and I couldn't even begin to harm the clear coat. I have also yet to hear about anyone harming the finish.

Greg @ Detailed Image

sweet. this makes me want it even more now. maybe a fathers day gift