Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

What is a good wax sealer or just sealer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
What is a good wax sealer or just sealer?

I am looking at the Opti Seal or Zaino CS.
Do you guys have any info on these?
The purpose is to get a longer last from the Zymol Carnuba Cleaner Wax.
I know it's cheap but it works good. I might get the P215 Wax or Zymol Carbon but both these will need a sealer for a long last.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:40 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Vader13
I am looking at the Opti Seal or Zaino CS.
Do you guys have any info on these?
The purpose is to get a longer last from the Zymol Carnuba Cleaner Wax.
I know it's cheap but it works good. I might get the P215 Wax or Zymol Carbon but both these will need a sealer for a long last.
You would get more protection from just using the Opti Seal or Zaino CS. The Cleaner Wax is cleaning and leaving a coat of protection. However that protection is quite limited so a pure sealant would be stronger on it's own. We carry the Optimum Opti-Seal (comes with a foam applicator) at Detailed Image and it's a fantastic product. You just spray it on, buff it in a circular motion and let it dry, no removal. We also offer 10% off on virtually all of our products at Detailed Image with the coupon code 10offMBW. If you have any other questions please let me know.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 06-16-2009, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Greg@DI
You would get more protection from just using the Opti Seal or Zaino CS. The Cleaner Wax is cleaning and leaving a coat of protection. However that protection is quite limited so a pure sealant would be stronger on it's own. We carry the Optimum Opti-Seal (comes with a foam applicator) at Detailed Image and it's a fantastic product. You just spray it on, buff it in a circular motion and let it dry, no removal. We also offer 10% off on virtually all of our products at Detailed Image with the coupon code 10offMBW. If you have any other questions please let me know.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Thanks for the code I was checking your site, due to cutting back I am deciding to detail my own car now.
I used to use a Zymol authorized detailer and he charges way to much.
I used to detail back in the day when I was about 18 for a couple years and even had a small biz around it.
I learned alot from watching the Zymol guy on my cars and recently have gotten the detail bug.
The reason I gave my coupon code to that guys is because I did not use it I think anyone can anyway.
I did an order with them then joined the forum to find after the order to get the code for the future.
I posted my detail issues here because I am better off posting here in this enviro, rather than being a total newb and get flamed by detail dorks for asking stupid s*&T..
Now in the meantime I tired to ad stuff to my order with them, they took a long time to get back to me and were unclear with my invoice. Was my card billed the extra amount, was the order shipped, When will it ship was my last question.
They finally came back (The live service did not seem to work either) they said that Opti-Seal was not even in stock.
I told them to cancel the whole thing and then found you guys searching for CG BLITZ.
NOW....since you are helpfull and a sponsor and carry CG..I will give you my biz. I might be able to get some real help now.
How is the Blitz compared to Opti Seal?
I do not want jetseal, I think the OS will be better from what I read for the money, but the BLITZ is interesting.
I like the wipe on wipe off. I have never been a fan of spray on, buzz and walk as OS advertises.
As for the Zymol cleaner wax, I miss the smell of the Zymol carnuba and I have to admit I am pretty lazy so I was thinking of using the Zymol CW, then spraying a seal and a few times a year doing a high end wax, maybe Zymol Carbon or the CB stuff in the 50 range?
I do not want to never wax my car again right?
I know how long the high end Zymol lasts and it's not long.

I want to do the cleaner regardless. I was thinking with the cleaner then the seal. Instead of Carnuba and re-do every 2-4 weeks.
Also how are both on wheels?
I have Satin Black HRE M40's and they like to turn darkish grey on me.
Sorry about the long email and thanx for the code.

Last edited by Vader13; 06-16-2009 at 10:57 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

THis is what I am thinking of getting. Seems safe for the Satin HRES.
(I should return the ICE wheel cleaner and free brush)
http://www.detailedimage.com/P21S-M1...500-ml-Kit-S1/ come with free sponge?
Now..
OF the 2, what is the better sealer?
http://www.detailedimage.com/P21S-M1...500-ml-Kit-S1/ I LIKE THE PRICE!
http://www.detailedimage.com/Optimum...-P279/8-oz-S1/

Also for supplies, I have a full bottle of Zymol Detail , new Zymol Wash Sponge and 3 New Zymol Blue applicator pads and a Zymol dust brush, 10 new Zymol micros and a new blue ABSORBER.
I am using the Zymol wash too..
I go through instant detail A LOT ( I drive my car a lot and try to keep it spot clean with the Zymol Brush and Instant Detail)
What would you recomend as a cheaper ID?
I wish you guys carried those cool applicator sponge tipped sticks. I want some of those.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:25 AM
Banned

Thank you for all the background information and I would be happy to help you out the best I can. You can save quite a bit of money and get professional like results no problem by taking the time to read up on good detailing techniques and investing in some quality products. I'm sorry to hear they didn't have the products you needed in stock. We generally have all of our products well stocked and very rarely do we run out of something. I'm happy to hear you found our coupon code as well so you can save 10% off (10offMBW). I'll try to address all of the questions you brought up and please let me know if I miss any of them.

The Chemical Guys Blitz is a spray on sealant I would use to maintain that freshly detailed looked after a quick wash or wipe down. It adds protection in shine in one easy step. Just mist it on the paint, buff it on and wipe off the excess product. The Optimum Opti-Seal is somewhat similar but offers a lot longer lasting protection. This is one of the very few spray on sealants that rivals the durability of a traditional liquid sealant. Best of all you don't have to remove any left over product, it dries totally clear. Just mist it on the paint and buff it on evenly and let it dry. It's a great value as well you only need about .5oz - 1oz per coat. If you want stronger protection and less work try this option.

If you prefer a less expensive than the Jetseal 109 I would also recommend the Chemical Guys M-Seal. It's half the price and offers great protection, shine and ease of use.

I was a little confused with your routine when you mentioned the waxes. Generally speaking you want to apply the sealant first because they offer more durable protection. Putting down a layer of sealant and applying a wax on top of it is the ideal combination of shine and protection. After that if you want to use a spray on wax or spray on sealant to maintain the shine you can. The Chemical Guys Blitz is a good example of this, however the Optimum Opti-Seal would be considered a more traditional sealant that you would want to apply before waxing.

If you want an outstanding carnauba wax try the Chemical Guys 50/50 Limited Edition Concourse Paste Wax or the Dodo Juice Blue Velvet. They are a little pricey but offer exceptional gloss! If you want a better value get the Poorboy's World Natty's Blue Paste Wax. It has a nice deep shine and is very reasonably priced.

For wheel cleaning I would use the P21S Wheel Gel as you mentioned. It's safe on all wheels and is quite effective! Since I have not actually detailed your wheels I can say for certain if a sealant is totally safe on them. I would suggest contacting the mfg to be sure.

For a quick detailer or instant detailer I would recommend the Poorboy's World Spray and Wipe. We offer it in 16oz, 32oz and 128oz size. It helps you safely clean the surface and can also be used as a clay lube.

Let me know if I missed any of your questions or if I can provide any additional information.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 06-17-2009, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Just did my order!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Quantity Total Cost
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Chemical Guys Synthetic Quick Detailer - 16 oz 1 $8.99
Optimum (OPT) Opti-Seal - 8 oz 1 $22.49
P21S Gel Wheel Cleaner - 500 ml Kit 1 $15.29
Old 06-18-2009, 06:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Vader13
Just did my order!!!!!
Thank you for the order, it's much appreciated. It already shipped out and you should see it shortly. Good luck with the detail and please keep us posted about the detail.

Greg @ Detailed Image