Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Driver's seat leather damaged

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01 W210 E Klasse | 02 W 463 G-Wagen | 06 Land Rover LR3 HSE
Unhappy Driver's seat leather damaged

My driver’s seat was showing noticeable wear so I had a local shop dye the seat. It looks perfect, but now the leather has become sticky had another shop look at it and am being told the previous guy used a harsh chemical to strip the old dye and clean the leather thus ruining the bottom leather seat cover area. I have left numerous messages for the guy that did the initial work, but no response from the bugger as of yet.

My question is can the seat be repaired and dyed again.....not sure if I trust the opinion provided and I am unable to find someone local who has a lot of experience in this arena in NC. Is there a possibility of fixing the damaged seat ? I will do the work myself if i can find basic instructions,

If repair is no longer an option, I will need to find a online vendor or source from where I can buy the bottom leather seat cover for my driver’s side or even the whole seat if it’s economical. Kindly point me in the right direction if you know of any vendors that sell Mercedes leather seat covers or even the whole seat (scrap dealers etc)

Cheers
Old 07-11-2009, 07:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
This is the only company I've delt with, I'm sure there are amny others

Leather Replacement
This company G.A.H.H. Inc. North Hollywood, California has been the leading manufacturer in the USA of replacements leather car seat covers, non-leather interior seat covers and convertible tops for fine automobiles since 1979. They offer a full line of tailor-made, ready-to-install automotive upholstery kits, leather car seat covers, carpets, door panels, auto headliners, convertible tops, top boots, top parts, and other automobile interior accessories.

Including replacements of original factory designed products and colours, or will customize them to your own colour combinations. Contact Information: 800-722-2292, Fax: 818-767-2786, North Hollywood, California – http://www.gahh.com/