Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Dealer applied Venture Shield

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yugos only
Dealer applied Venture Shield

1. The shield is applied by independent shops for the dealer - they spend the entire day when new cars are delivered.

Be careful when buying a new car if the dealer includes Venture Shield or any of the kits.

VS has two kits - a Gold and a Silver.

The Gold basically covers all the wear areas front and rear including the hood and the rear bumper as well as all the lights. That's what I thought I was getting. The Silver just covers a few of the front areas.

Make sure that the dealer includes the Gold package - it is only about $225 retail more on my CL55 so it is worth the extra money if you are going to keep the car.

2. Instead of having the dealer detail the car I got a credit and took it to my body shop. Most detailers use silicone products that have to be removed if the car needs to be repainted. My shop uses special products that are compatible with the paint and do not have to be removed. They also look better!

If you are having the car detailed by an independent ask them if they use silicone-based products. They are much cheaper. If they do use silicone based products find a shop that doesn't or have a good body shop do the work instead. They will know what you are talking about if you ask them to use the non-silicone detailing products. It may cost more but it is worth it.

Last edited by ivanj; 07-16-2009 at 01:35 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:48 PM

Yugos only
I found out that the CL55/CL65 does not have a standard Gold body kit but it can be fabricated as a custom job. It takes them more time but the price is favorable.

It's great when a company is willing to work with you to preserve your investment.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:52 PM
Almost a Member!

SL-500
What is its use? And how much they cost?
Old 08-23-2009, 03:44 PM

Yugos only
Originally Posted by anistufy
I'll let you know $ next week.

The point is to keep away stone scratches and to keep having to repaint the front of the car if decide you want to keep it. Or sell it on at a higher value.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:56 PM

Yugos only
Originally Posted by anistufy
http://www.protectivesolution.com/

Give them a call they will point you to your local dealer.