Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Good Detail shop in Los Angeles??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
N/A
Good Detail shop in Los Angeles??

Can anyone recommand some good shops where i can take my car to do detail in Los Angeles area?? Anybody??
Old 02-19-2003, 06:37 PM

SL500
Try www.walkerdetail.com. They do a good job but beware, if you get your car detailed make sure you tell them not to use acidic products to clean your rims. Also, be careful as to what you let them use on your interior, some products strip the interior door panels leaving a dull, worn out look that is very sticky.
Old 02-19-2003, 07:51 PM

N/A
Originally posted by MBZman
Try www.walkerdetail.com. They do a good job but beware, if you get your car detailed make sure you tell them not to use acidic products to clean your rims. Also, be careful as to what you let them use on your interior, some products strip the interior door panels leaving a dull, worn out look that is very sticky.
MBZman,

Thanks for the reply, i went to their website and found that they were using Lexol for interior, which is good right?? what do you recommand not using for the interior?? how do i know what kind of product is acidic for rims???
Old 02-20-2003, 02:49 PM

SL500
I believe Lexol is good stuff, nothing to worry about there. If you ever have any wearing out of interior parts, the first question the service department asks you is do you have the car detailed. If you say yes they will blame the products they used and not cover the problem under warranty. On my dad's E320 his interior driver side door panel wore out and became sticky, the dealer said it was due to a cleaning solution used by a detailer. The thing is he had never had the car detailed or used ANY product on the interior, just wiped it down with a damp cloth.

As for the wheels, acid based products will strip the wheels and cause rust. The dealer will not cover this damage. Ask Walker, or anyone you have detail your car, what they use on the wheels and if it contains acid. I believe p21s makes a wheel cleaner that is ph balanced and will not harm your wheels.
Old 02-22-2003, 12:31 PM

03 500CL 05 500SL 12 450GL
Detail shop in Los Angeles

Have had great luck with detailing and product purchases (if you do it yourself)--They are amazing/careful and professional - in the San Fernando Valley
ask for MARTIN'S in Reseda, CA Randy (818) 344-2431