Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

interior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 01:37 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2009 E350 Sport (gone) 2012 E350 (gone ) 2014 E63s ( gone ) 2016 E63S Diamond white 2019 E63s AMG
interior

what is it good to use to clean leather seats and the steering wheel, to give that new look
thanks
Old 11-26-2009, 10:17 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NA
Originally Posted by odessit
what is it good to use to clean leather seats and the steering wheel, to give that new look
thanks
Autoglym interior shampoo is one of the best interior cleaners out there. I've been using it since 1995 and works great on leather, plastic, vinyl, and carpets. It's on special right now...

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...ttle%2C/Detail
Old 11-30-2009, 05:53 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
Cleaning / Care

The important considerations for proper leather care; is as much about (a) the state / condition of the leather you are dealing with (b) methodology used (c) product. Cleaning is a combination of all these
(a) Hydrated - use water-based products and clean surfaces with a damp towel
(b) Clean - as dirt / grit and subsequent friction cause the finish to wear.
(c) Protected - is essential as it will protect the surface finish and makes dirt easier to clean off and an ultra violet protective product (UVR) will preserve the finish. Remember you are dealing with the finished Polyurethane coating on the leather and not with the leather itself.

Always thoroughly rinse upholstery cleaners and ensure that they are allowed to dry before adding protection or use.

Leather however finished, has to allow the movement of moisture back and forth (transpiration) so the use of water- based cleaners and protectors will maintain hydration, which is essential to keeping it in pristine condition.
For many, finding the best leather care product is as simple as using what is the most popular. While popularity can sometimes be a reliable barometer, it isn’t always the correct choice. Some even make their decision based on new car’s leather fragrance alone. My best advise; research other options and products, test them and then make an objective decision based upon factual information, not hype or brand loyalty.

After all, how can you fully understand and properly use any product unless you have all the facts? I would also strongly suggest that you verify any information that I or anyone else shares with you.