Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Front bumper cover restoration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550 / S430 / E320
Front bumper cover restoration

After 2+ years of driving, the front bumper of my car is full of very tiny pits.They are not very noticeable unless you shine a light on the bumper. Because the car is black, they show up as tiny grey specks. I'm not a big fan of putting the film on that would have prevented it from happening, but I thought I would get peoples thoughts on whether it is better to try and polish them down or leave them alone.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:19 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NA
Originally Posted by NJS430
After 2+ years of driving, the front bumper of my car is full of very tiny pits.They are not very noticeable unless you shine a light on the bumper. Because the car is black, they show up as tiny grey specks. I'm not a big fan of putting the film on that would have prevented it from happening, but I thought I would get peoples thoughts on whether it is better to try and polish them down or leave them alone.
You cannot polish something that's not there. By that, I mean you can't add the paint you're missing. Your best bet is to refinish the front bumper. If you go to a clear film installer that is very experienced, you can get a custom installation and you will never know you have film and it will protect the enw paint job.